Snowmobile Fanatics banner

tonights misshap

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  readytoride 
#1 ·
so i was on my way to my girlfriends house tonight through a path ive been through many times. i was kinda in a bad mood so i was going pretty fast any not really paying attention and i looked up and there was a wooden 4x4 fence post about 2 ft tall sticking out of the snow and i diddnt have enough time to react and i hit it. luckally it wasnt in the ground too far so it came out rather than stopping the sled. but not without doing some damage first from what ive seen so far (i diddnt really look too closely at it)
it cracked my hood, broke both front hood straps, bent the crap out of my front bumper, bent the skidplate, bent/cracked the front bellypan brace, and cracked/smashed in the bellypan. it is about 3 inches from the exhaust luckally. but this is all just after putting the entire sled back together last saturday from replaceing the trailing arm mounts [V] heres a few pics for now i will get some better ones tomarrow.

Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Engine Wire
Automotive exterior Tire Bumper Automotive tire Auto part

Musical instrument Accordion Electronic instrument Musical keyboard Technology
Sports gear Personal protective equipment Helmet Snow

See less See more
#2 ·
Not paying attention while riding sleds is expensive, ain't it?

#5 ·
Why were you in a bad mood? At least it isn't as bad as it could have been.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Not paying attention while riding sleds is expensive, ain't it?
Amen to that, trying to play catch up at night in the ditch with my ZR 580, jumped an approach and nailed a stop sign.

#6 ·
i was in a bad mood because i diddnt even plan on riding my sled because it was snowing really hard out and it was that wet nasty snow that keeps sticking to your sheild so you ve gotta wipe it every 5 seconds and i was already soaked because i just got back from my friends house on it and like i said the snow was very wet so my jacket and gloves were soaked so i was just gonna drive my car over and she was giving me a hard time about driving it because it was snowing hard (its a camaro) so i just said whatever and rode my sled and about 200 ft from my house is where i hit it

#8 ·
it could have been alot worse and im pretty sure that the skidplate is what saved my exhaust that thing is about 1/4 inch thick and it just barely bent in the corner

#9 ·
polaris91 said:
im pretty sure that the skidplate is what saved my exhaust that thing is about 1/4 inch thick and it just barely bent in the corner
You think?!?!?

The front end of edges are barely stronger than tin-foil. Without that skidplate you'd be redoing all the suspension work you just did as well. You should be offering sacrifices to the skid-plate gods, for saving the rest of the front end on that sled..

#10 ·
that is very true i already found a new one i can get if i cant straighten this one

#14 ·
I'm ordering one before I leave from overseas at the end of the year! Matt, maybe next year we can plan for a ride. I'll be up that way to trail ride probably a few times next winter! I'll pm you and we can plan!

#16 ·
why would you have a camaro for driving in the winter??

#18 ·
what year camaro?

#20 ·
arcticcatmatt said:
^ I have no idea who you are but I am always game for meeting new people that are not douchers! [lol8] Anytime man
I'm not a douchebag! I'm a cool azz motha!!! Hahaha.... Seriously though, maybe next season, I'll let you know where I'll be riding and maybe put on some miles, have some lunch and stop have a few beers and share a few laughs! Good times!!

#21 ·
its my 88 z28 it already has alot of rust/body issues and its my daily driver...

and matt i know i really need to get one its just every time i get the money saved up something breaks weather it be the sled the car or my wheeler it never fails i hope to get one this summer

#22 ·
polaris91 said:
its my 88 z28 it already has alot of rust/body issues and its my daily driver...

and matt i know i really need to get one its just every time i get the money saved up something breaks weather it be the sled the car or my wheeler it never fails i hope to get one this summer
Well, get one before you get a house, 'cause then there's all the more stuff to break and keep you penniless.

#23 ·
is your bulkhead still intact? shouldn't take too long to replace all that stuff. if you have the coin. as long as your bulkhead is good, you'll be able to replace all that stuff.

#24 ·
did you at least take the post home with ya :) HAHAHAHA

#25 ·
Was it in the mid of a trail or were you on private land? Sounds to me like someone put it there to PO sledders and make a statment... That sh*t's not cool, if someone doesnt like snomobilers on their land (or state land) it doesnt give them the right to potentially hurt them... Pay attention!

#26 ·
no its not on a trail its been there for a few years and i just forgot about it for some reason its to the side on a path that a few of my neibors and i use to get to the trails.
the bulkhead is fine. and i went to grab it on my way back through but it was dark and i couldent find it :( lol i did some dissasembly today i kinda bent the bumper back into shape but the bellypan and braces are gonners heres some pics

Auto part Tire Vehicle Bumper Automotive tire
Wire Auto part Fuel line

Auto part Automotive tire Tire Automotive wheel system Bumper
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Tire Automotive wheel system

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper

Snow Winter Freezing Ice Sky
Auto part Vehicle Technology Automotive exterior Space

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car
Auto part

Metal
Tire Floor Automotive tire Auto part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.