Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i figured that a few weeks ago when it kinda snowed on an off everday and actually accumlated and the wind wasnt blowing Mach 2.4 it was too good to be true....it lasted awhile tho, sposed to get to mid 30s to low 40s this week for highs...have to wait awhiel for the real witner to show up

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
yeh I will probley all melt here if it stays in the 40s for long..

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lookey here...winter weather advisory for 2nite....

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this stupid watch keeps on saying more and more snow, started at 1-3 now its 3-6

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I felt that way until today, they teased us with snow for the last couple of weeks. We have gotten 4-6" so far supposed to get twice that before the system blows through.
THINK SNOW, LOTS OF DEEEEEEEEEEEEP SNOW.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I look at it as a positive sign anyway. If it's starting this early in the season then odd's are it should be a normal winter at the very least.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
another 3 inches last night...still predicting the warm up...i am waiting for the shocker and all the snow to be gone for the rest of the witner any minute now...

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I hate snow It's no good for nothing....lol.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
what is this snow stuff you are talkin about. is it the stuff that we are supposed to be riding on? i havnt seen it in such a long time!!! although there was abot .0001 of an inch today, but then it went into the 50s and rained. the only way i am doing anything related to snowmobilin is wearing my jacket around....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I was looking at the 10 day forecast today and it looks like its going to cool way down and snow right before my thanksgiving break. I will never stop giving thanks to the weather gods if they make it snow and i get a long weekend of riding.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
It rained on top of our snow so it is rock hard, now its spose to be in the mid 40s all week..BYE BYE snow..

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dad was talking about winters in the 1970's today...bout made me cry...all that snow...3 day blizzrds dropping newhere from 18" to 3'....snow so deep cars get buried in drifts...couldnt plow a path to the highway snow was so high...leave the yard on the sled and it didnt matter which way u took off...now adays u in the car planning your route through the ditch...have to go scout with 4wheeler b4 u dare ride....

why cant we have winters like that?? i have rode across a field 1 time while having a decent sled, and that was after a 6" snow storm and not much wind...got to ride across field 2wice b4 it all blew away...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Here in north central Iowa, the weather has teased a couple of times with snow flurries that melted as soon as it hit the ground. Now there is a nice band of snow slamming the western states, but the weather channel is pissing me off... they show the band getting smaller day by day as it gets closer. We're SUPPOSED to have "snow showers" on Monday, but it's been in the 40 and 50's around here lately. This coming Sunday the local snowmobile club is putting on drag races... the weather forecast shows rain! It's been raining all week long!!! It needs to drop 30 degrees and turn all these inches of rain into FEET of snow. Someone turn DOWN the thermostat!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts