Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 600 xc sp I just put on a mbrp silencer and a boost bottle. After a few trips across the feild my plugs are white. where do start? raise needle ?or rejet?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
http://www.ericgorr.com/techarticles/carbtuning.html#h

and to learn to read spark plugs...
http://www.eric-gorr.com/techarticles/sparkplugs.html

yeah yeah it's a motocross jetting link but it's all the same

moving the needle clip is rejeting...and moving the clip down one is where I'd start

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Usually you don't need to rejet when only adding a can. I'm assuming your plug color was ok before you added the can and boost bottle. If your not sure, I'd take both the new silencer and boost bottle off, put the old silencer on and take it for a good spin. Then check the plug color. This will give you a base line to start from.

If the plugs look good, just put the boost bottle on and go for another ride, then check the plugs. Again if the plug color is still good, put the new silencer on and ride again. This will let you know when the lean condition is happening (at what stage).

If you find its lean in the stock condition, you've got some trouble shooting to do. But first things first, so let us know what you find.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'd say you'll probably have to rejet since it's asking for a little more gas,,,,,,check your main jet's and i'm almost sure you might have to go up 20 or 40 in jet sizes.
If your plugs are white ,,,,,don't try it to hard,, wouldn't want to pop a hole in one of your pistons.
Let us know

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Excellent advice Tfin. Always one thing at a time and always have a base to compare to. I also keep written record of all my changes and what effect it had.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i added a boost bottle to my sled and it was acting doggy when you would first get on the throttle.. i called slp and they said they though it was running lean and to adjust the air screws until the response picks up. have you tried to adjusting your mixture screws yet? slp says you can go up to 2 1/2 turns rich.. but i could possibly see needing to increase your main jets if you added a boost bottle and a silencer..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts