Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wildcat 700 EFI tops out at 90 mph what could be the problem??. The engine was completely rebuilt last year(pistons bearings sealings everything..),and are running just fine.A chip was installed a couple of years back,some says it should give +10 hp?.last year my clutches was cleaned and inspekted, and the weights and spring on the primary was changed.the secondary was only cleaned and the spring tigthened one hole. all parts was original or equal.My track is changed to a new one that originally should be on a 01 Panther 550,and is much lighter than my old. Do anybody have any ideas?.PLease HELP!!

AC Wildcat 700 EFI MC

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
How old is the belt? It could be a lot of things not making it go faster. It could be geared different too. Who knows.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
its a long track so that slows it down a lil bit too, i know last year i couldnt really open up my powder special, but i was at 80 and didnt feel like much throttle left so u never know...id try the belt first and go from there

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the belt is new original, going to check the gearing. Can it have something to do with me tigthening the spring on the secondary?, Thanks for your answers

AC Wildcat 700 EFI MC

·
Registered
39 Posts
The tightening of the spring will put more tension on the belt, to let the clutch grab the belt better. You can always change it back and try it.

Norway - You said they changed the Primary spring and weights, did they put in the same ones, or change them to different ones? If so, what kind of RPM does the engine run, and what should it run for RPM?

I will say most likely you will need a helix with a little less finish angle.

Also, is the clutching shifting all the way out? If so, what is the gearing?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do all the work on my sled myself(sorry if my english is bad) all parts in my clutches are original, so maybe i will have to check my gearing.The engine rpm is ok i think its 8200-8400. How do i check the shifting?.Thanks!!

Wildcat 700 EFI MC

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Try marking your clutch sheave with a magic marker make a run and then see if the clutch closed all the way. then we will know more what to suggest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like the rpm's are a little high for that motor. Also if your new track has bigger lugs or is heavier than your previous track that could slow you down as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a repair manual somwhere when i can find it i will check the rpm and original gearing. unfortunately all the snow rained away here today, but i will try the magic marker trick when we get som snow. The track is actually ligther than my old one, now i have some things to check out when my shift at work is over friday. So thank to you kind people for all help!!.

AC Wildcat 700 EFI MC

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if you upped the hp by 10 you should put more wieght to get the rpms in the right spot, buy tightening the secondary one more whole tighter you are slowing your up shift and losing top end right there. what was the top end to begin with. if you want to clutch for top end go to less helix angle and less compression. but i would bet with the extra power you could put more wieght put the secondary to stock position and maybe even gear up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts