Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I took out a telephone pole yesterday. My dad's brand new 2002 Ford F250. Damage where it hit the pole wasn't bad but it then proceeded to fall on the truck. Rain is not my friend. Have a feeling my driving in it will be greatly diminished. Made a not 90 degree turn onto a road from a stand still. My passenger swears my speedometer read like only 25mph cause she says she expected me to get on it. Ass end kicked a little loose and I think I didn't think enough and miscorrected sending me into the pole. Air bags didn
't even go off. My passenger and I were really lucky cause neither of us had belts on. I didn't even get tossed around by it but she got thrown from the passenger's seat practically into my lap. People kept smiling today when I told them that part. And for all those non-believers who say I must have been doing 100 to take down a pole this thing was rotten to the core, literally. The cop said something to my dad when he showed up and he flipped out on him say "look its so #$^%# rotten only two little twigs were holding it in". I then looked and he was completely right. Of course he yelled at me for a while but he seems to have calmed down greatly. Gonna cost me $500 deductible and I don't even want to think about the insurance. Got off easy and very very lucky. Couple more inches either way in how the pole fell and it could have either been disastrous or nothing. If it fell a little to the left it would have just done more damage to the hood and knocked off the mirror, little to the right and it wouldn't have hit the supported cab corner and probably totalled the truck. 3rd accident I have had of any kind. 1 on a sled, 1 yesterday, and 1 when my dad was driving. I must say for me it is true that everything is in slow motion. Things happen so fast that you don't notice half of them so the other half seems like it lasted forever. In all 3 accidents in fact it was that way. All I remember about yesterdays was trying to correct looking up to see the pole then grabbing my passenger's shoulder when she was thrown towards me.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Man, that really sucks! The good thing is nobody was hurt, where they? I suppose that heavy super-duty didn't take much to snap that crappy pole. Where there any high-voltage power lines to worry about? I know exactly what you mean about the slow motion:

About a year ago I hit a telephone pole with my P.O.S. Dodge Shadow. Guess who won.....the POLE!....of course, the car weights like nothing. I think the pole vibrated and that was it! LOL. The roads where icy and i was headed to school, and i couldn't make a corner and went down the ditch and head-on into that stupid pole. Car didn't have airbags.....but wearing the seatbelt probably saved me. Neadless to say i walked away, and the car is gone now. Now my goal is to steer clear of the telephone poles on my snowmobile! Glad to hear you didn't kill yourself!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah we area ok got the estimate on the damage yesterday, $9300. Much better than we expected. As of yet I only am in debt $500 out of this and whatever my insurance goes up to so its not too bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ahh, i know how that goes. I had an 85 mustang GT. Smashed it into a pole too. Guess a Mustang with a 5.0 wasn't a good first car.

AKA, indy500 or XCR800_has_balls

·
Registered
506 Posts
that hurts man, good thing for insurance eh?

pol500aris, that REALLY hurts, ya, mustang 5.0 prob wasn't the best choice, but it hurts to see a car like that wrecked man.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts