Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I'm new to the board. I own a Harley shop and got roped into working on a customer's 2000 Ski-Doo MXZ 700. The sled melted a piston, it's rebuild time. Basically looking to replate (NIkasil) the cylinder bore and fit with Wiseco pistons. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome BillP, Should be a peice of cake for any one experienced in engine repair. nothing new here. I would comment to be sure the problem which caused the melt down (probably a lean out) is taken care of. The damaged Cylinder will have to go to a specialty shop. If memory serves me well , Wiesco's run a tighter clearance. Make sure your customer knows there must be an extended warm up period. No more start it and blast off full throttle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Hotrod. I'm going to strip down the carbs and look for problems. Do you know of any one selling performance jet kits for sleds? I'm a Dynojet dealer, but they don't have anything for snowmobiles

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No I dont know of any "kits" the range of what people need depends on too may variables. Altitude, All the different stages of modifications. and temperature to name a few. Its pretty much trial and test i'm afraid. There is usually a sticker on the sled that gives you a good safe starting point for most elevations. they are usually rich by one to two sizes. I would, for your own peace of mind go to the factory setting at least till the break in is done. then try jetting down. One other thing I thought of regarding the Wiescos, on one of my triples the rotating mass lightened up so much that I had to recalibrate my clutches to acheive my proper shift out RPM. as far as where to get Jetting, dealer or aftermarket shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts