Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Top Speed 03 F5 Sno Pro

7K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Achotrod 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what a 2003 Firecat500 Sno Pro with powervalves will top out at? Thanks

#4 ·
A strong running F5 SP should be in the 90-95mph range on hardpack......an unknown clutch kit hardly makes it a "mod" in my book.

#8 ·
Actually, my friend has a 03 F5 Sno Pro and his will barely do 80. Its not that it doesnt have the power, it that its geared for take off. The Sno Pros have a gear set up that is made for tight trail corners. So he can rip off pretty fast. he said at 80 he is running some big RPM's though.

#10 ·
It goes really fast till 50 then it like walking up there. He had a mechanic check it out and he said it was normal for those sleds to do that. My friend could only get it to 80 on a huge stretch of land. It took him like a couple miles to get up there thats what he hated.

#11 ·
Originally posted by toucharm9
[br]I had and recently sold an 03 f5 snow pro do to the fact that it would only top out at 82. A real bummer concidering my 99 zr500 did 90-95. I never did put a clutch kit in it, just wasn't worth it to me to stick money into a f5
There is no way that that 03 F5 only topped out at 82! There must have been something wrong with it..

#12 ·
Thats one slow f5!!!!! My 03 F5 topped out at 100 best ive read on the speedo on groomed hard packed trail, It ran 87.6mph on radar on ice 1000ft. with a clutch kit 96 studs & 1.375 track. Thats quick! If it had a 1 inch track would be faster, And it would smash my old 00 mxz 700 until the F5 topped out. Actually it smashes just about everything i raced with it until the top end of the bigger motor sleds take over, But i ride back country and trails for the most part so i hardly ever go over 80 anyways. Loved that sled but now its gone and i have my 03 snopro mod.

#15 ·
The f5 Sno Pro on hard pack should pull 80ish. If you are running high rpms 8000 or more, your clutch is not shifting out. The 03 Fs Sno Pro's clutching is funky. Take a permanent marker and make a mark on the inside of the primary from top to the belt. Run your machine. If the black mark remains on the clutch near the top, the clutch is not shifting out and that is the reason for the high rpms.

#16 ·
Originally posted by Arcticsmack
[br]
Originally posted by toucharm9
[br]I had and recently sold an 03 f5 snow pro do to the fact that it would only top out at 82. A real bummer concidering my 99 zr500 did 90-95. I never did put a clutch kit in it, just wasn't worth it to me to stick money into a f5
There is no way that that 03 F5 only topped out at 82! There must have been something wrong with it..

Yep, not buying it. An f5 easily will do more than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.