Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, My friend just bought a 2002 edge x 700 and I was wondering what the top end is for the machine, thx.
btw it is completely stock

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll take a stab at it just by going off what my 02 800 does and guess around 115mph.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it will not beat the 600 HO then I would say something is wrong with it.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'd have to agree with Memphis on that! Your rev is only about 11 lbs lighter than the edge and if memory serves me right the 700 was putting out around 130 HP, so if it wouldn't take your 600 there is something wrong...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I heard of some guy around here who has a friend who's sister's boyfriend has a old 440 xcr that he cleaned up and he was utterly destroying the 600 HO SDI's from ski-doo. He would take them off the line and smoke them at the top end too!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
u guys are funny.....My friend had this sled before my friend bought it off of him....and he lives right behing me a couple fields over and we raced many times and I only ever saw him in my mirrors

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
must be the mirrors that make you win. there is something seriously wrong with that 700, they have a fair amount of power and can pull away from alot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Must be running on 1 cyl. I had a 2001 1/2 XC700 that would just eat MXZ800's, have a 2000 XC600 that destroys Ski Doo HO 600's. Have a 2006 Fusion 600 h.o. that is coming right along too. So unless you are heavily modified there is no way your Ski Doo h.o. will beat that 700 Polaris.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I know the SDI 600 runs well cause my cousin has one and we lined up several times and it was dead even till about 60, from there its a slow walk away for me but i am running the 800.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
well my 700 sks will run even with a 03 rev 600 if not beat it and I am even pulling a longer track than the edge x. not even close to getting "smoked" by it,.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha well the sled is running perfect bacause the guy services sleds and yes the rev will beat it hands down...

<------------------ That one

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
My sled will run dead even with 600 H.O. Doos so that 700 should romp you. Although I did beat an 04 XC700 once, get us a vid so we can all see the REV beating it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
the 7 twin will likley pull around 107-111mph on the radar gun, don't ever go by the speedo, they are out to lunch.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by sixhundredcc
[br]hey, My friend just bought a 2002 edge x 700 and I was wondering what the top end is for the machine, thx.
btw it is completely stock
anyway... with the gearing it has... It should (if it runs good)[:p] be cruising around 105mph.
Lots of little things can effect the top end...maybe he's only hitting 100mph ???
02's didn't have snappy gearing. He should change the ratio to a more peppy 1.7 - 1.8.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tell your friend to crank up his front springs a little and move the Rear coupler blocks back to the rear hole. That was night and day on my 800. My brother and law were even off the line (and pittiful least to say) until I did that. Then I jumped three sleds on him coming off the line. XCSP set up stock from polaris dont transfer at all. Not saying your sled cant beat him, but I had the same problem until that was done. After that it was a typical outcome with an 800 vs 600 or 800 vs 700 race.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts