Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the fastest you've gone, and what were you in?

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
277 Posts
On the street, a 99 Porsche Carerra C4, 155 mph (could have gone more). On the dragstrip, 68 Pontiac GTO - 455 built, 11.40 @ 118 mph. My cousin owns a Pro-Mod, a 37 Chevy body with a blown and injected 540 cid, it runs in the 7 seconds. If I get my NHRA license, he just might let me make a run!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
110MPH, 1994 Chevy 2500 extended cab short bed pickup. Bed FULLY loaded stuff on the ladder racks. Middle of the day, I was really lucky and left off and was only doin 15 over when I passed the cop. I could go way faster in my mom's 2000 Grand AM SE but it is governed to drop a gear at 105.5 MPH. Kind of stupid cause the speedo goes to 120 on it. My dad's truck is a guess but I think its pretty close, his speedo stops at 85.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
120mph in a 71 Mustang Mach1 with a 351c, it had alot more to go to...

95 xcr 600
99 RMK 700
If you have control your not going fast enough!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My '02 Grand Cherokee V8 was about to shift out of 3rd at 108... That's when I got smart(er) and let off...

2000 SXR 700. Haven't been on it yet and can't wait!

·
Registered
36 Posts
8.17 at 189 in are dragster its a 74 vega with a 54o merlin , BG 1375 carb port and polished heads(big broody) heads there are pics under my name if you want to see them.

/snofan/../images/users/Hugerotts4u/Car launch1.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/Hugerotts4u/Bandit and Vega.jpg

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
837 Posts
i went a 125 in our audi TT turbo, but i could have kept going all the way to 150, then the speed limiter would kick in, and in our audi A8 i maxed it out on the limiter at 130 and in my austin healey kit car with a 327 chevy i maxed out the speedo, so it was over 120, it look like 130 or around there

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
buddie of mine has a firebird that kicks in a limiter at 115mph. I was right behind him the whole time. I'd rather he be in front to get the ticket tho, so I never tried to pass him. (91 honda accord LX - LOL)

-Dean

-
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

http://ripperd2.dhs.org

·
Registered
671 Posts
i had the old snowplow, 350 v8 with straight pipes, all stock, bout 105, and was still climbin, but i have no dl and i didnt wanaa get caught so i let off

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
155 mph 86 V-Max Yamaha more to go, couldnt hold on.
150 mph 85 corvette
120+ mph 96 Ultra (needle was buried)
86 mph friends speed boat.
37 mph down hill with the wind on my pedle bike when I was 13

Reasonable people adapt to the world around them....Unreasonable people try to change it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
when i take my 93 vette out just to keep things lubed up, theres a great 3 mile straightaway on I-70, just a bit from my house i like to open it up a bit there to blow out the carbon, 150+, thats with the top down!, you havent lived until youve experinced that, if i get feeling blah, take the vette out and when i come back im all smiles.

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Top speed acheived in a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (turbo, AWD) was 160 mph on a long stretch of country road. RPM hit redline during this run in top gear. I was getting freaked out at this speed. It's my roomate's car. Here is list of mods, and a pic of the car.
Mods

Car
Note: the numbers on the car are for racing in Auto-cross.

Parked
This pic was taken the same day we hit top speed. The cold air during the fall weather was great!

The scariest part about going that fast is the posted speed limit was 55 mph and it's in the heart of deer country.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I dunno my speedo burries at 180Khm.. and it was way past that.... I basically built this truck to go light to light againts imports w/ loud annoying exhaust..

it's an '87 Mazda...

With Balls..

'92 Mustang 5.0 H.O., 3.93 gears out back.. all the creature coforts too TV, DVD, 3 12", blah... sorry I can ramble on for ever about my truck.. or my sled for that matter..

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've done 145 on my Hayabusa with throttle and gears to go.

1987 Yamaha Exciter L/C

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by 500XCSP:
In my buddies Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe, we went about 150 mph and there was a bit more left.

[/quote]

I do believe I was with, or did this occur a different time?

I know I was with in that car right when he got it, and we were going really fast, dunno how fast tho.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
328 Posts
185km in my 98 corolla all stock
170km in a 2000 ford 1 ton diesel
104km on my pedal bike
and 140mph on my sled going down a really steep long hill with the throttle pinned.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts