Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the top speed of my 1991 Polaris Indy 650 triple not fuel injected (has carbs) I think i`ve asked this question before but i didnt get a response so anyone?
oh and the sled is stock and runs great...now!

·
Registered
76 Posts
my dad designed that motor, when he was a engine tech at polaris, he is now ATV testing and delopment manager. he says the fastest they ever had one goin with tripple pipes 105 and 102 with stoke pipe.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I ran 117 MPH on RADAR.. ported, triple pipes, .20 over, clutched, etc.. I'd say stock you should be good for 100MPH..

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey 650 indy , that's an impressive speed.would u mind sharing some set up tips? is ur machine efi or carbs?what size track? do u have good lo end as well as top speed? I could really like another 10 mph. I have a 91 efi I'm putting pipes on and a chip . am curious to see how she goes [:p]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I find it odd that your dad designed a japanese built fuji engine...

Of course I could be wrong. But I thought Polaris only started building their own engines on the 1997 XCR 440 SP then the 1998 XCR 440 SP, XC 600 and XC 700.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hmmm, sounds odd indeed.. but stranger things have happened..

Anyways.. it all depends on what you want to use your machine for.. Currently my sled is set up for the trail.. it will top out around, or a little less than 100mph.. it's carbed (never touched efi), gutted airbox, slp triple pipes.. it's got a 1' track now.. had a .75 at the time..

current setup..
310 Mains
6DH4 Needle - 3rd position
Almond Primary Spring
10MB weights.. (51g..???)
Red secondary spring in the 4th hole..

·
Registered
76 Posts
polaris man, you are right i was wrong to say he designed it he had a large part in it, he was the engine tech on it. also he spent many weeks in japan for at least 3 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts