Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what your sleds can do in top end, or whatever you've had out of it.

With my current setup on my 1998 XCR 440 SP I can get around 90 to 95 mph out of it.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My chipped '97zr580efi with 96 picks runs 92MPH on hardpack!

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
278 Posts
The speedo on my 800 only goes up to 100mph, so anything past that is just a guess. When I passed that 100 mark last year the stock tall windshield started folding over. I just replaced the tall windshield with a mid height one.
I get just over 90 out of my 88 Eltigre 6000 529CCs with stock twin pipes.
My sons Enticer 250 single cylinder does about 55

RtkatZL8
2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather
MBRP Silencer

Edited by - rtkatzl8 on 29 Dec 2001 09:37:24

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I had my stock 02'600 Edge up to 115mph
with about 1/8 throttle left, this was on a lake with about 6" of hard pack.

"Ride It Like You Stole It"

·
Registered
874 Posts
With my GPS, I recorded 99mph last year on my ZRT600. I'm sure it would have done 105 if I wouldn't have ran out of room (or balls!).

Edited by - Flange on 29 Dec 2001 23:11:51

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
last winter i had my 99 xc sp 500 to 100 in a packed ditch on a cool morning. i think it could have pulled 2-3 more, but i thought i saw an approach so i bailed out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Two years ago, when my XLT was piped, clutched and geared, it ran 103.9 according to the Minnesota DNR. OOPS!!!

I was not about to tell him I still had a little bit of throttle left.

Dan

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know, for the cc difference, those big machines don't go that much better than the small engines.

Although the big cc motors will get you up there pretty quick.

I still find it amazing what they can do with the small engines nowadays. Look at the 440 racers, ProX, Sno Pro, whatever, they just haul, may not go 100+ MPH but they sure have midrange and bottom end

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
167 Posts
im not too worried how fast my jag is, im assuming it will go about 70-75, i just want it to be reliable, you can have the most built engine and the fastest sled in the world but if it "aint" reliable what good is it? we can all walk back to the truck just about the same speed slow!

if its not a CAT, then it must be a dog!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:

Just curious as to what your sleds can do in top end, or whatever you've had out of it.

With my current setup on my 1998 XCR 440 SP I can get around 90 to 95 mph out of it.

I Love B&M Coasters.[/quote]

Same sled as me. With that one, i could read somewhere between 95-100 on the speedo while racing against a ZR 600 EFI. And, last year with my stock 96' XCR 600 with two 150 lb. people aboard, we both read 115 on the speedo. Yes, it was a bit scary with two of us, i wouldn't do it again.

Your 440 looks pretty quick too.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
My buddy with a 76 Pantera 5000 (500cc air cooled) was going down the road with me following (his speedo doesnt' work).

I followed the same speed as him for a while, and I was at 70mph, he said he had it to the grip the whole time. I was at slightly more than half throttle. (although half to full throttle only makes about 15mph difference when your all-out).

The seccondary clutch broke later that day on his sled. Anyone have a seccondary clutch and jackshaft for a 76 pantera?

-Dean

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
My 1996 XCR 600 SP's speedo has gotten up to 115MPH. I will lose to most sleds in a 1/8th or 1/4 but in a mile long straight out race I will kick a lot of sleds. The thing you all have to think about is that snowmobile speedometers SUCK!! They are all off by like 15mph. The digital one on the Yamaha Viper is the most accurate I think. While in a pack where the whole group's speedos said 60 the Viper's would say about 50. I will tell you how close it is when the lakes in Old Forge freeze enough. We have access to a radar gun and we are going to test.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
studded 1996 XRR 600 SP with an Ultra spx engine got 85mph in 1/8 mile. 91 indy 500 tops at 85 on a flat, 90 with the wind.

"Faster than a speeding ticket....and then some"

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
You have a 96 XCR SP with an Ultra engine???? or is it just the Ultra that they made on the same chasis as the 1996 XCR SP?(aka the agressive chasis which housed the storm, the XCR, the XLT, and the Ultra.)

·
Registered
246 Posts
My 700 Mountain Max will do about 85 mph, and my 93 EXT EFI 550 goes around 100 mph. Last year during the Iron Dog I ran into another racer in McGrath and we got to talking, and he said that he was racing me on the way to Skwenta up the river and he was going 100 mph and could not catch me. All the other members of my team had 2001 600 Edge Xs and they are only about 5 mph faster but they do get there quicker.

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sno-X-treme:

studded 1996 XRR 600 SP with an Ultra spx engine got 85mph in 1/8 mile. [/quote]

Hmm, is this a model that Polaris kept secret all these years and only a selected bunch of people got? lol

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.