Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know (or able to look up) the torque Specs for the Base (jugs), exhaust, and head bolts? Also let me know what the sequence should be?

Thanks so much!

HS

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
HighSierra - did you try calling the mechanics at the local shop or the dealer you buy sleds from? I have done that just to ask a question before and found them helpful or I stop in and BS with them and then ask. [;)]

·
Registered
226 Posts
HS,
I've had great luck with emailing my local snowmobile shop (LaBaron's)with tech questions. They usually reply within a day or so. If ya need a quicker response try calling 'em.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I HAVE THE ANSWERS. I HAVE THE MASTER BOOK.
Base 24-28ft lbs. {3.3-3.9kgm}
Cylinder 17-20 ft lbs {2.4-2.8 kgm} 8mm bolt and the 10mm bolts are 24-26 ft lbs {3.3-3.6 kgm} check the bolt size.
this is for a 96 ultra motor #'s start with EC68PL

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
easy does it on the cylinder bolts... Mine at 15 ft-lbs seemed to not stop turning after I KNEW they were tight, so I quit turning them. I bet the studs are stretched on my motor now.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THanks wigga...I'vjust finished putting it all back together...I torqued to the lower end of the specs as I deffinatly didn't want to strip or break any stids or bolts..... I've got to say that it went incredibly smoothly putting it all back together...I'd have to rate a top-end rebuild about as easy as putting on a new track..... maybe a 5 on the Shadetree scale...

THanks for all the assistance..... now let it snow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts