Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody installed one of these torque stop arms on their motor, I did and it works so well that I will have to recalibrate my clutches. I lost 400 RPM off my shift out speed. Anybody else experience similar results.

·
Registered
322 Posts
yea, my dad and his buddy both bought one for their sleds. his buddy's works great and hooks up and everything better. his at first he over tightened but now he fixed it and we'll see how it does today when i go ridin.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Just about all of the new high HP sleds like have these devices installed. They really help. Without them the whole engine will twist, you will blow belts, and things are not good. My XC 700 still twists enough even with the thing in there. Everyone should make sure they have one!

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
i use to have one, until the welds broke. Almost have to take the engine out to put it back on. Big difference without it!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies everyone. erick are you refering to the factory installed bumber type stop? On my XCR 800 the rubber was enihalated (sorry cant spell) on that stop, so I put on an actual link between the motor and shock tower and when I get it back to the proper rpm, I bet there will be a significant difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts