Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, So i've got my engine all put back together with new wisecos... and I know that after a rebuild you need to re-torque all the bolts after 2 or 3 heat cycles (when the engine is cool to the touch).

Should these cycles be like going on a ride or should it be just letting it idle to warm up, then cooling it down, etc. etc.
( i'm thinking it's the latter)

Anything I should do for the first time i turn it over?
thanks!

HS

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Anything I should do for the first time i turn it over?
As long as you use plenty of assembly lube (I use the klotz but lots of 2stroke oil would work too) on all the bearings and cylinder wall you'll be fine.

I re-torque after I'm done with break in...so that'd be after a few slower rides

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after doing some more research.... I'm with you.... I acctually found some really interesting articles on breaking in and ring seating... Sounds like it's best not to even start it till I'm ready to warm it up for the first break in ride for optimal ring seating. (reason being is that there's no load on the engine, and you'll just wear down the fresh cross hatching without really loading up the rings... which it turn causes them not to seat as well when they do get loaded up.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts