Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your opinion? [attachment=53908][attachment=53909] [attachment=53910][attachment=53911]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
is the bulkhead bent? from what I can see you should be able to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I see the clutch is broke, is the pipe bent? Bulkhead and tunnel ok? Whats the story behind it.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I would say that if the bulkhead is straight and the owner can't afford another sled, this is a fixer-upper.
However, there is a bit of work and quite a few dollars worth of parts needed to repair that one.
When I smashed my sled up, I just picked up another complete chassis for $500.00 and dropped my engine into it.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
damn, what did you do. i think that once htings get to the extent of this they are nto worth fixing. things never come back out the way they used to.

·
Registered
126 Posts
**** anything is fixable, just takes $$$$$

·
Registered
349 Posts
My vote would be for #2 and #4. Fixable, but not worth it. So part it out. You can make a killing on Ebay. Parted out, you can often make more than if you sold the sled outright.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Depending on what its worth, you might just be better off having the insurance company buy you another one.
-------------------- OR ------------------
Like everyone else said, is the bulkhead bent?
Do you have a special sentimental attachment to this sled?
It looks fixable, but it will take a lot of time and parts.... and money.
It could be a good learning experience, though.
With the insurance option, you will still be looking at waiting a long time, because insurance adjusters love dragging their feet on things like this.
I didn't vote, because I have too many questions right now.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I would part er out on ebay

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I voted totaled, I'd give you $5 for it.... [:D][:D][:D]

just kidding....

I'm sure you could get it back together. just take time and some money.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'd love to hear the story on the cause of that ding. I'll wait for that before I vote.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well my bro hit a jump with it and the steering stem broke off then he fell off the snowmobile it was stuck pinned then ran into a bunch of trees the tunnel is ok though

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
one of my friends said they'd sell a complete 2001 mxz 600 body for a grand ....worth it?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Originally posted by YZ125racer
[br]one of my friends said they'd sell a complete 2001 mxz 600 body for a grand ....worth it?
If your motor and stuff is working order then it is. Otherwise you might beable to make alot on ebay parting it out. And for the time and money spent into fixing that it would not be worth it. Is your bro paying for it?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
everything is fixible u can rebuild old cars just starting with a frame andfix it up. but sometimes its not worth fixing like this time for instince

·
Registered
364 Posts
vary fixible and thats a grate deal on the body if it in good shape

1 - 20 of 28 Posts