Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i apply throttle, especialy when going up hill, the track (i think) starts to vibrate like its sliping or missing hooking up with the track. do i need to just adjust the track, and if so how?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, your track is too loose. The vibration / chattering you're feeling is your drivers slipping on the track.
At the back of your suspension under your sled, you'll see idler wheels. There'll be a bolt on each side, with a nut on it. Loosen the nut, and turn the bolts in evenly. I don't remember exactly how tight you're supposed to get it... anyone remember?
It was like 3 inches of slack in the middle of the track between the slide rails and the track at about 15 pounds of downward force applied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i figured that might be the problem. almost didnt get home today! any suggestions on how to prop/jack up the back of the sled to work on it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The best way I've found is to suspend the sled from the rear bumper from the ceiling in the garage using a strap.
It sounds like yours is just a little loose, you could probably get away with just tightening those bolts a couple of turns each and tighten those nuts back down, and you'd be good to go.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey, another thing.. your drive chain could be loose & it could be slipping around the sprockets.
Suspend your sled and see how much slack you've got in your track.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i never thought of suspending the sled from above it, thanks. i think that it is the track tahts making the sound its more of a rubber thumping sound than a metal sound.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just make sure that you adjust both sides the same. While you have the track up run up to 15 or 20 mph for a few seconds and then recheck the distance from the slide rail to the edge of the track to make sure you have the same on both sides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts