Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best track to get the oem one suck spins to much.. freind told me to stay away from studs with that sled becuse of the extanger is this true? what about the ice ripper i herd that was a decint track any help would be grea
t thanks

· Registered
15,705 Posts
No issue with studs. brother has a .91 cat track with 96 1.18" studs. No heat exchanger issues. not evena mark on the tunnel. You buddy doesn't know what he is talking about.

I am liking my pred(carve) track I put on. It is really good in the soft loose stuff. Rode a 600 with a ripsaw. The pred is way better in the hard pack than the rip.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
1.25ripsaw unstudded
1" ripsaw studded 96 studs down the middle
Ice Ripper is good but doesnt perform like studded track so dont get confused.It offers traction on icy conditions like studded snowtires

· Registered
1,523 Posts
On higher hp engines, the ice ripper's studs will pull out. Had one on my 700 when I bought it and I'd say half the studs were gone.

I have a 1.25 Ripsaw with 144 studs down the middle. Not a single mark on the tunnel or any of the heat exchangers. Is there a risk? Yeah. But there's a risk of breaking anything on any given ride.

If you install the studs correctly, you can get thousands of issue-free miles from them.

What kind of riding do you do?

· Registered
2,447 Posts
1.352" Camoplast Cobra with 96 1.450" Woodys Gold Diggers up the middle. Studs are a must, ice ripper tracks dotn bit worth shit. and a preditor is better in every way over a Ripsaw, hacksaw, shotgun........

· Registered
15,705 Posts
^^Yup but the industry is so biased towards the rip.

· Registered
2,447 Posts
xcr440 said:
I dont get it either, theyre not that greatof a track, like theyre good, but they blow off lugs easily. and dont work that great in deep loose snow,

· Registered
527 Posts
jesse500 said:
xcr440 said:
I dont get it either, theyre not that greatof a track, like theyre good, but they blow off lugs easily. and dont work that great in deep loose snow,
They suck in the powder but I would say they are one of the better none studded tracks I've ran. I plan on changing tracks before I'd do any amount of off trail riding. Although this weekend I did a fair amount of off trail riding on the farm and it did ok. Snow was very wet though and I'm possitive that's the only reason I got around the way I did.

If your doing both trail and off trail riding I would go with the cobra

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.