Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to align it I know that you just line up the sliders, but which way makes the track move which way onm the skid, tightening will move it inside or outside, and looseing will do the other, but... which is which?

stupid question for a racer like me I know but I"m havein one of those days, and don't really feel like spendin 30 extra minutes testing to see which way is which.

·
Registered
837 Posts
which ever side you tight the track will get closer to the hyfax on that side, on the outside edge of the hyfax so if you are looking at the ski from the rear and tighten the left side adjust the track will move to the right

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
The track will move to whatever side you tighten.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Originally posted by mattgross
[br]it will move away from what ever side you tighten
Yep, just did this recently; I'm with Mattgross on this one.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i just did that yesterday, tighten up the one side, and the track will move towards the other...

·
Registered
749 Posts
I just did it today. I put my sled up on a stand and started it and gave it enough gas to get the track moving pretty fast. I measured each side from the idler wheel out to the side of the track. I think it is about 3/4 on my sled(indy trail). Like mattgross said whatever side that you tighten it will move away from.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome, thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts