Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Track Alignment

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  anstony546 
#1 ·
Hi i have a Ski-doo Citation Ls with a new kimpex track and i tightened the track tensioners. The track is wearing on the inside of th both sliders and causing a 1/8 groove on oneside and it is almost through to the brandnew sliders to the metal undercarrage. Is this because my track isn't tighten enough or because it is missaligned. I beleive there is suppost to be 1/2 hanign down with 10 pounds of force.

How should i fix this loosen it all right off count number of turns on each tesnioner??

Thanks again guys!!

#4 ·
It should be 1/2 inch with NO weight on it.

#5 ·
Originally posted by anstony546
[br]It should be 1/2 inch with NO weight on it.
At least.
Measure from the edge of the track to the rear idler wheel on both sides. If its not the same make an adjustment , fire it up, spin it, re measure.

#6 ·
Go loose. Let it out till it ratchets or there abouts. I go double what the manual says on my sleds and I've only had one sled ratchet. On my ski-doo it says an inch with 16-lbs. Hell I've got 3/4 inch with nothing and it's not ratcheting.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]Go loose. Let it out till it ratchets or there abouts. I go double what the manual says on my sleds and I've only had one sled ratchet. On my ski-doo it says an inch with 16-lbs. Hell I've got 3/4 inch with nothing and it's not ratcheting.
Don't go to loose though (as some of my friends found out the hard way) its hard on your sliders. (if you like to tip your sled in the powder)

#8 ·
Alright guys something is wrong with my sled or (me) i just spent 3 hours in the garage, its -20 out there anyway my track is still rubbing alot on the inside of the right hand slider towards the slide rail(makes me nervous metal on new track when it breaks through)
So i've lost my mind now i can adjust either side with no improvement it seems, I think if i run it loose it gets worse as this gives the track freedom to move even more side to side which is causing the problem. So since its to far right i should tighten the right tension bolt correct?? I maybe wrong i've adjsted it some many times no i don't know whats what never had a prob on any other sled. Any ideas or thoughts i wanted to go ride tomorow but at this rate i'm toast. Thanks hope someone has an idea i'll full out and cold

Thanks again.

#9 ·
Actually you'll want to loosen your right side and tighten your left side.

Try it and see if it helps.

#10 ·
Slow down man, first make sure it is rubbing the whole side and just not one spot (means you suspension is bent) if this checks out, lift the back of your sled up and make the tension bolts loose, line your track up, then tighten both sides somewhat evenly until they hang a 1/2" at the mid point of your sliders. then its done, finished.

#11 ·
Well then theres my problem i guess, it rubs near the back of the suspension, it will rub for the last 4-6 inchs of the sliders on both sides of the inside of the undercarrage, if that makes sense to you guys, porbably would explain a heck of alot about it. Any thoughts or things to check

#12 ·
Make sure to check for cracks when you inspect your suspension for bending.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.