Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My body has a 96 formula 600 111 with reverse any tips would help never done one on a skidoo hope there not a can of worms.[?]

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
You will want to suspend the rear of the sled, as to take off all tension.

Loosen the track tension via the adjusters on the rear axle.

Remove the 4 bolts holding the skid into the tunnel, and remove the skid.

From there you will want to move up front. Remove the pipes and silencer. From there, you can remove the chaincase cover after you've drained the chaincase fluid. You will need to remove the top and bottom gear, along with the chain. You will then need to remove the lower bearing, which is connected to the driveshaft. I am not positive how the inside of a chaincase comes apart on one with Reverse, I would imagine there is more stuff in there to remove, maybe not. Work slowly if needed and get the driveshaft loose from that side.

Now move to the other side. You do not have to remove the secondary clutch, but it is alot easier. There is a bearing which must be removed on that side as well. That particular bearing is hooked to the speedometer, so be careful not to lose the speedometer key if there is one (I would imagine there is).

Remove the driveshaft, remove the track. Install track, and reverse process.

I think that's the just of it. Take it slow if need be. It's a relatively simple process.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Like I said...never messed with reverse before. Only advice I can offer is take it slow, and go piece by piece, staying organized, if need be of course. And good luck.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I'm not sure that you have to pull the bearing from the left side of the sled, when I changed out the track on my 96 formula z all I did was pull the chain case and slide the shaft toward the right side of the sled that allowed the left side bearing to come out of it's carrier (not sure if that is what it is called or not) and the shaft came out. I tried looking on a part's diagram but they didn't show a chaincase that had reverse for that year. However I did find one for a 97 touring, not sure if it will help or not, but you can surf this site and see if you find anything that helps

http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Skidoo_OEM/Skidoo.asp

here's the touring
http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Skidoo_OEM/Skidoo.asp?Type=13&A=251&B=22

like I said I'm not sure if it will help or not, hopefully you find a parts diagram that does.

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
Originally posted by rev500ss
[br]I'm not sure that you have to pull the bearing from the left side of the sled, when I changed out the track on my 96 formula z all I did was pull the chain case and slide the shaft toward the right side of the sled that allowed the left side bearing to come out of it's carrier (not sure if that is what it is called or not) and the shaft came out.
Maybe you don't, I don't know. I remember doing my F3...We pulled the bearing. I remember this only because we did not remove the secondary clutch, and at the time, I was the only one with small enough hands to get all the bolts in and tight again. [|)]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the the deed is done not planing on do revers again told the bud of mine to build some pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts