Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 mxz 583, S-chasis. I would really like to long track this thing but there is ZERO clearance between the stock track and the plastic protectors. I've seen posts where people say they've put a 1.25" track under these things. How? Can this be done without major modifications? Can I just remove the protectors or do I have to get smaller drive wheels up front? Any help would be great

Thank You

John

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Pull the protectors to fit the track, as far as the drivers check if you have enough clearence, there is also a plate that you should pull off of the bulkhead (two bolts which hold the bottom of the steering stem and some rivets, pull all and reinsert the bolts) this gives more clearence and better clean out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i have a 1.5 inch on my s chassis 97 mxzx 440. no problems at all. But i don't know if something special was done, it was like that when i bought it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
8 tooth sprockets and move the top axel down 1 inch by drilling new holes near foot rail,1 on each side they have to be perfectly square or track will drift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts