Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed a couple weeks ago that i have about 10-15 track clips missing. Is this something i should get replaced or is it not that big a deal? I fugure the only thing itll affect is the hyfax wearing a little sooner. Not too worried about that as they need replacing every year anyways.

Am i overlooking some other conceivable problem with a few clips missing? Just looking to get some other opinions.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
I would replace them just because I know there missing and it would bug the hell out of me if I didn't. They may not cause any damage but why take s chance.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
only other thing it would affect it the balance and tracking of the track if there all missing from one side the track might not run straight and true. i would get the track off the ground to check to see if it is tracking straight while running. other than the mentioned wear on the hyfax, there is nothing really to worry about.

cheers

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
^^ Or a big channel locks and strong hands. I've been raised to always replace them whenever they are missing. I would think that the slides would get warm in low snow conditions due to rubber against plastic. Couldn't say for sure I guess.

On another thought, if the guide clips are missing wouldn't it play hell with the rubber "tits" on hard corners?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
They do wear out and fall out. I have noticed them to "disappear" at around 5000+ miles. Some tracks have every 3rd window closed and have less. I would be worried about a balancing issue.

Maybe they were not properly squeezed enough when installed.

I would buy a bunch of clips and a press to put them in with.
I usually keep 5-10 on hand just for this reason.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to bring my sled in for servicing soon so i think ill get them to replace whatever ones are missing. Just for ease of mind. I have extrovert/introvert drivers so i would think id need all track clips for that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.