Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first sleds! 2000 Yamahas SX500R & Sx700R with ride on/off two space trailer for $3900.00. DEAL OR WHAT? Now I'm looking into the triple pipe and extending the seamingly short track on the 700. How difficult are these modifications?[/font=Comic Sans MS][/color=blue]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Capt.Pete said:
I just bought my first sleds! 2000 Yamahas SX500R & Sx700R with ride on/off two space trailer for $3900.00. DEAL OR WHAT? Now I'm looking into the triple pipe and extending the seamingly short track on the 700. How difficult are these modifications?[/font=Comic Sans MS][/color=blue]


If you have to ask then its probably more than you can handle. It involves changing tracks with is no piece of cake by itself. I would recommended riding it this year and see how you like it, it may suprise you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
ArcticCatZR800 said:
Capt.Pete said:
I just bought my first sleds! 2000 Yamahas SX500R & Sx700R with ride on/off two space trailer for $3900.00. DEAL OR WHAT? Now I'm looking into the triple pipe and extending the seamingly short track on the 700. How difficult are these modifications?[/font=Comic Sans MS][/color=blue]


If you have to ask then its probably more than you can handle. It involves changing tracks with is no piece of cake by itself. I would recommended riding it this year and see how you like it, it may suprise you.


Hes asking cause hes new to sleddn, if you have a decent ability with mechanical things then its easy as all get out. I do agree to ride one year on them before buying a extension kit. Tracks USA has the best extension kit out there. Enjoy the sport, its more addicting than Pabst and tittie bars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
BrianLee said:
ArcticCatZR800 said:
Capt.Pete said:
I just bought my first sleds! 2000 Yamahas SX500R & Sx700R with ride on/off two space trailer for $3900.00. DEAL OR WHAT? Now I'm looking into the triple pipe and extending the seamingly short track on the 700. How difficult are these modifications?[/font=Comic Sans MS][/color=blue]


If you have to ask then its probably more than you can handle. It involves changing tracks with is no piece of cake by itself. I would recommended riding it this year and see how you like it, it may suprise you.


Hes asking cause hes new to sleddn, if you have a decent ability with mechanical things then its easy as all get out. I do agree to ride one year on them before buying a extension kit. Tracks USA has the best extension kit out there. Enjoy the sport, its more addicting than Pabst and tittie bars.


I know he's just asking but still, if you don't know what your getting into you probably can't do it at least not without someone who knows how to do it describing it step by step. Changing a track aint as simple as changing a tire, theres a lot of work involved. It is relatively simple to add a track extension but it can be hard to do by yourself, getting the track on and stuff would be much easier with a friend. The best thing to do is ride it this year and decide how you like it, if it is just a little under par you can fix that with better carbides, and a better track, no need to extend it but if it is was below what you wish it to be either buy a different sled or extend it. Good learning experience if you do it by yourself just make sure you have someone than can help if you can't figure it out, internet forums can only do do much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
I installed the Tracks USA kit last week. Wasnt to bad, all you need is a weekend and a case of beer and maybe an extra hand to help with the suspension.[thumb]


2010925204624625_14226.jpg

2010925204652640_14226.jpg

2010925204749875_14226.jpg

2010925204820328_14226.jpg

2010926213857453_14226.jpg

2010926213948750_14226.jpg
Taking off the track allows you to go through the entire drive section and replace bearings that may be bad or going bad and inspect the chain case and change the fluid.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,791 Posts
If your looking for Pipes for that 700 my buddy has a set with flanges that he is trying to sell. Send me a pm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
Rock said:
I installed the Tracks USA kit last week. Wasnt to bad, all you need is a weekend and a case of beer and maybe an extra hand to help with the suspension.[thumb]


2010925204624625_14226.jpg

2010925204652640_14226.jpg

2010925204749875_14226.jpg

2010925204820328_14226.jpg

2010926213857453_14226.jpg

2010926213948750_14226.jpg
Taking off the track allows you to go through the entire drive section and replace bearings that may be bad or going bad and inspect the chain case and change the fluid.
that looks sharp, nice Job[thumb]
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top