Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have my track tension set at ten pnd of force to sag an inch and i keep skipping on my track. so i looked underneith of it and the whole thing is like falling apart. my cogs are ripping and everything. My drivers are in good shape and slides are new. Does anyone know what the deal is? or is it just a rotten track

Alo whats is my track size for a 92 440 xcr stock

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
did you have it aligned

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
no, did you have the track aligned? when you put a track on (or whenever you buy a used sled for that matter) you need to align the track to make sure it's spinning straight.

and your track size is 121" x 5" x whatever the height of the lugs are. i believe you have .75" lugs

·
Registered
702 Posts
^^ 121"x15"xlug height^^ You missed the '1' in there. You say you have your track tension set...(yadayada). Does that mean you had the track or the skid out recently? You shouldnt have to adjust the track tension too often through the riding season unless either the sled is new to you (then you might want to check it before riding) or if you took out the skid... Maybe the track is at the end of its life. Sounds to me like its shot now, start looking for a new one maybe? Post a pic of the damage...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
thank you, critical typo there

·
Registered
702 Posts
Its really simple, if the tension from rear track adjusters are the same it will be aligned. I dont know any special way to align it other than after installing the skid set your desired 10 lb tension, then run the track with the rear of the sled off the ground and see if you have the same amount of distance from the rear outside boggies to the edge of the track. If one side has more than the other tighten the side with more "over-hang" untill each side are the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
WMarshy said:
Its really simple, if the tension from rear track adjusters are the same it will be aligned. I dont know any special way to align it other than after installing the skid set your desired 10 lb tension, then run the track with the rear of the sled off the ground and see if you have the same amount of distance from the rear outside boggies to the edge of the track. If one side has more than the other tighten the side with more "over-hang" untill each side are the same.
Do this with the rear axle bolts loose so the axle can slide in its keepers. When it's aligned, tighten the bolts.

D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts