Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Polaris sled I just bought and it seems to be a ghost, I can find the same sled older or newer but not exactly the same. I have a 2001, yes 2001(not 2000), SKS 700 136 1-1/4. I'm wonder what paddle I can fit under it? I'm sick of the weak little 1/4 track and want to extend to a 150 or bigger and am wondering what's the biggest paddle I can fit. Thanks in advance;)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
You may have to loose the front bullhead cooler or change drivers but you should be able to put a deeper lug track on it. It will take some crafty measuring but get under it now and see where your closest point is. If you go 151 you will want to re-gear any ways so you might as well drop a tooth on the driver's to gain some clearance up front.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have to loose the front bullhead cooler or change drivers but you should be able to put a deeper lug track on it. It will take some crafty measuring but get under it now and see where your closest point is. If you go 151 you will want to re-gear any ways so you might as well drop a tooth on the driver's to gain some clearance up front.

I'm thinkin I'm probably gonna go with a 151 2 inch, but I would like to go bigger. Would dropping a gear cause any over heating problems?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
That was supposed to be bulkhead cooler....darn smart device. Just to clarify....is this a Gen II or and edge chassis? Thinking Gen II. Regearing or changing drivers will not affect the running temps but you would want to keep the same cooling capacity which would mean adding a cooler in the rear of the tunnel if not already equipped. If you search through my profile I stretched a '99 XC and relocated the coolers to be flush mount in the rear of the tunnel. I miss that 'ol girl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts