Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3634574196&category=23834&rd=1 would this lug height be ok on my 98 XCR 440 Sp.?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
do you need a track? i have a take of, 192 holes in it dont need to run studs if you dont want to, can sell you studs if you need them though. track is in mint shape, only has .9 lug height, but hooks up good for trail riding,

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but it has 192 holes in it?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will i have problems with the 1.25 lug height on my sled, as in clearance, will that be a problem...help please...

·
Registered
139 Posts
You can run that lug height as long as you don't stud it. Studs longer than 1.25" are going to have clearance issues with your forward heat exchanger!! I agree with sno-x-extreme. .875 lug height works best for that engine. To tall a lug is going to screw you on the top end.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
eightpilot is right that your top end may suffer with more lug.

But...it depends on what you ride mostly.
If you ride lakes, and wide open trails with lots of groomed straights, then the stock .82 will be the best track.

But if you ride where I do with lots of open fields and cross-country running, then more bite is what you need.

The Polaris/Camoplast that I picked up doesn't weight very much more than my stock .82, so my top end will be a bit less, but I don't care, I want traction for the deeper stuff, and good bite into the trails.

/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/track2.jpg

It's the weight of the track that will kill top end, so get the lightest 1.25 you can.

I've heard guys here have gotten tracks from www.tracksusa.com and have been very happy.

One more thing, make sure the track you get is fully clipped, you don't want one of those "every 3rd window" tracks, you will cook off your slides on packed groomed trails with one of those.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is that track that i'm looking at a "every 3rd window" type track?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright, im going to be riding ditches, open fields, lakes, and some pretty deep spots of snow in minnesota,and i like the extra bite with larger lug tracks also. I also like the added safety of not getting stuck so easy like the .875 lug stock tracks, how much will this effect my top end...im not looking at being the fastest 440 out there, but id like to know if im going to slow down about 20 miles per hour or more

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
20 mph...no way, maybe 5 - 8 absolute max.

That one on ebay looks alot like mine, that would be a great track for your XCR.
It looks like a camoplast, are you bidding on that one?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, im going to bid on it, not at this time though

G

·
I have a 136 X 1.25 take off. Polaris Camoplast. New condition. If you are interested. /polarisman/../images/users/D Noel/136 track.jpg

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i baught that track, id have to put tunnell extensions on...ill think about it

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
are all you guys 100% sure that i wont have problems with lug height, ive been told by a good friend and he is very good with sleds, that the lug height is too big for my sled and it will cause problems

·
Registered
139 Posts
If your that worried you can always move that front heat exchanger forward to give you plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but, i dont want to start fooling around with a heat exchanger, moving it and such

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do you think im just better off buying a inch lug track?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you think im just better off buying a inch lug track?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, I think that is your best bet if you don't want to run .875 height. You can get a NEW 1 inch track from snowmobiletracks.com for about $290. That is where I get my tracks from. Also buy a camoplast track. Don't buy Kimpex!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts