Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple lugs on my 1.7" track that are half ripped off. Does anyone know if there is any type of glue or adhesive a person can use on a track to keep the lugs from ripping off?? I know pretty much everything will break apart due to the conditions and temp and abuse the track takes. But anything to prolong the lugs from completely ripping off would be great. I've been told that 3M makes some stuff but its not cheap and I was thinking maybe the glue you use on a inside tire patch???? Any ideas???

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Not worth the time IMO, it will rip off first ride anyway.

If i see a ripped lug i would rather cut it off versus it ripping off and doing more damage.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
My friend has a crossfire 700 that he put a brand new track on last summer. Riding it a few hundred miles this winter caused a couple of lugs to start ripping already. He said he did some research and there is some kind of window epoxy that was supposed to work pretty well, so he put that on. Not sure what kind of epoxy it is or where he got his info from, but we will see how well it works this winter.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
srx_600 said:

If i see a ripped lug i would rather cut it off versus it ripping off and doing more damage.
Exactly

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KRSS144 said:
srx_600 said:

Exactly
it's not totally ripped, only the front side is. it is a bi-directional track so the rip can be placed on the back side and it won't get bent back then. thinking maybe some rubber glue and a 1.5" sheet rock screw with a washer on it and drill it into the lug from the bottom. it is a snocross track the lugs are pretty hard compared to a normal deep lug track..

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Well you can give it a shot, but dont be suprised when it tears completely off and possibly causes more damage.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Threr is a company call Carroll Tech that says they can repair tracks like that. This may be your best bet other then replacing the track. http://www.carrolltech.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts