Well I'll try to keep it simple to follow here

1. Drain Chaincase Oil
2. Remove Gears and chain
3. Remove 4 suspension bolts
4. Remove Suspension
5. Remove Front Driveshaft bolts on both sides of tunnel
6. Remove Drive shaft
7. track falls out
8. Crack Open a Barley Pop in awe that it only took you 30 min to get it out and that it will probably take you 3 hours to get it back in...lol

Actually to install just reverse the process, should be fairly simple but this is just a general idea of a track change. You may encounter more obsticles that are unique to your model sled.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
9. Replace bearings before reinstalling driveshaft. They're cheap and it's worth doing now with everything apart.

·
Registered
274 Posts
dont forget the step were you gotta tighten and loosen the front suspension bolts like a bizzillion times each before you get them both out. lol, did mine like 3 weeks ago,
i recommend an extra hand , makes it alot easier... goodluck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've gotten all the way to where you remove the drive shaft but the bearings wont come of are they pressed on or somthing?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Like any berring, it is pressed in fairly tight.
Go and invest in a brass punch or 2.
They are cheap, and won't gouge your expensive chaincase.
Good luck....and enjoy, repairs are the second funnest thing about sleds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the spedo side I have removed both of the plates that hold the bearing on but it wont move what do I do??

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
There is a little allen bolt on the inside of the tunnel holding a collar on the shaft. Have you loosened this up... Sorry not the greatest explaination...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts