Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just took my sleds out yesterday for the first time this season. so my 1992 polaris indy trail deluxe rode pretty descent, besides the fact that occasionally i will gun it, press my throttle all the way, and the rpm's go up, but my track doesnt move at all, what are your guess's on this issue, along with that my steering is VERY VERY hard to turn, i greased all those little holes, and it still is hard, what can i do to fix it?

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gto0209 said:
The steering my be lack of snow, try tightening the track up, could be the clutches, or the belt slipping.
the secondary clutch doesnt move at all... track is perfect tension

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
So are you saying that the belt is moving, but the secondary isnt? My friend had the same problem on his 91' Indy 440. Turned out that the cogshaft had ate its way through the bulkhead.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
sledcrusher said:
So are you saying that the belt is moving, but the secondary isnt? My friend had the same problem on his 91' Indy 440. Turned out that the cogshaft had ate its way through the bulkhead.
X2 we have had 2 cats do this, we just bought a bigger bearing flange and havnt had any issues since

ours had similar syptoms to, the one dead give away is the speedo will quit working because when it moves forward it will shear the adapter key

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sledcrusher said:
yep

1 - 6 of 6 Posts