Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 800 RMK that the track lugs are literally falling off all in a row and Polaris is saying they will do nothing!!! I only put on a few hundred miles last year and they are cracking and breaking off where they attach to the track. Unbelievable. I got told today that maybe in 3 weeks someone could talk to me. What a joke!! Is anyone else experiencing this problem? if so, any luck getting it covered?? I buy a new sled almost every other year and I'm getting no customer service. Sooo frustrated.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
why I am not a huge Polaris fan anymore. Well more cause they released that damndable 2001 XC 800 that can't be started when its cold(well very hard to). THat is odd though. I would guess they were hard miles? Sux dude. we have a guy who repairs tracks in NY but I can't really help you out.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If there is anything you can do to prevent that, you will want to store the sled with the back end on a jack. The worst way to ruin the track is to leave it laying on the ground, freezing, and busting. Especially with a long lugged track. If you already do that then look for a place where you can repair it or put on a 2-inch Aggressor track on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
948 Posts
Was it studded?

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
589 Posts
There was a article in Snow Tech a couple of months ago describing trtack damage. 9 out of 10 times it was blamed on the operator. But I'd hold the dealer that sold it to you responsible. Talk to the service manager, general manager, anyone who will listen and explain the problem. Explain your habits - riding, storage, and espicially buying. Write a letter to Polaris. And get ahold of the author of that article, explain the damage to him, send pictures. If you replace the track, keep the old one and your recipt. I'd see if Camoplast is the OEM of that track. Remember Firestone and Ford - stay on them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I read an article in some mag about a year ago about deep lug tracks. It talked about how easily they could be ruined by riding trails with them. Infact one of the staffers said he ruined a new track within a couple hundred miles. Don't know if this is the case in you're situation but it's a possibility.

RtkatZL8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts