Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a old 74 moto ski... sled is running fine... just that it digs itself into the ground instead of forward.. any sugsestions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Never herd of that one before. Think you have to be a little more specific. You mean it will not move forward at all just digs a hole!!![:(]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hit the throttle and the track digs a hole in the snow instead of gripping and moving forward... do i need to put some studs in or.... NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
WTF????? if u track is turning your sled will eventually move foward....

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think your sled is simply too heavy in front and it just pushes the snow. And/or there is too much ski pressure up front. I had that problem on a really old ski-doo. We replaced the track (it was bald) and put some updated plastic skis up front.
It helped, but it's no cure.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Check the bottom of your skis.if there rusted bad.plus sometimes these old sleds people weld anything on for wear bars.i have seen reebar welded on them before believe it or not.if that doesent fix the problem try untieing it from the tracter,ha ha.good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a old atric cat trail cat that did the same thing the front skis were so rusted that the snow would just not slide on the skis paint the skis try and get all the rust off of them. this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts