Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Track questions and problems

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  arctic_cat_man1 
#1 ·
:confused: I got a track at haydays this year and it is a 1.25" track with 1.375: studs. The guy said he took it off his 04 rev a believe, if i remember right. he said it would fit polaris cat and skido and said the pitch was 2.52. I was planning on putting it on my 1997 zr 440 but when i put it in the lugs hit my coolant protectors under my tunnel by about 1/4-1/2" would the pitch make that big of a difference? Would I be able to get bigger real axle wheels to make it work or something like that? I havent measured the pitch but i believe it is a 2.86 since it doesnt fit my 2.52. What would be the biggest track i could go with and without studs? People say 1.5, but i dont think that would fit, and does a 96 zr440 have the ETT? :icon_smilie_surrend

TRACK IS FOR SALE TOO PM OR TEXT WITH IF YOU WANT DETAILS- 612-819-8322
track has 500 miles on it!!

#3 ·
can you post a picture of where its hitting? the pitch has nothing to do with hitting the tunnel protectors. the pitch is what the spacing is between the drive lugs on the inside of the track and on the driveshaft are. it sounds like the track is not cut for the protectors in the tunnel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.