Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I think the track on my 94 safari is almost toast. Some of the cleats are going, but my main concern is that there are air bubbles forming on the inside part of the track, on the top layer or rubber beside the flat spot on the track clips. How bad is this and will my track last a little while till I can afford a new one? Is it worth taking the chance to still use it for a while. Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
If the track isnt ripped, or cracked you're probably ok for a while. The blisters are from overheating the rubber. Are you doing a lot of low snow riding, is your track tension way to tight, or have you got some seized idler wheels where this part of track runs. You better check these things, or track will not last, and when you put on new track it will do same thing again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last year I ran my track way too tight, and it does happen that i ride on low snow, but not that often. I noticed that one of the idler wheels was a little rough and starrting to crack up, maybe thats why, because its only on the one side. thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts