Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this summer I will be replacing my track again. I currently have a 1.6" Camoplast paddle. Though I only have 63 miles on the sled this season, I think the paddle 'might' be bogging it down slightly, and I don't really feel like re-gearing if I don't have to.

I was contemplating going with a 1 3/8" (1.375") paddle this summer. Little bigger than a 1.25, little smaller than a 1.5"...kind of something in the middle. So far I like this idea, as I don't ride TOO much extra deep powder with it.

I was also contemplating going with a 136" kit. I can get all extensions along with a 1.25" track from Tracks USA for $450 or something like that. I am somewhat hesitant to do a longer track, as I tend to abuse my sled in the ditches with jumping and such. My buddy also has a freestyle ramp I would like to hit one of these years, and I'm not sure how a 136" will hold up on that either.

I could also go back to a 1.5" and see if I can tune it a little better. I am currently having issues with it, but I don't think it's due to the track, but who knows.

So what do you guys think? 121x1.375? 136x1.25? 121x1.5? Or something else? All input is appreciated here...though please explain if at all possible...

And for the record, I ride mainly in North Central North Dakota with this sled ('98 ZR 600). We haven't had much snow the last few years, but I have seen 2'-3' of powder with it before.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Going with a longer track im pretty shure would make it bog worse if that is the problem. Why dont you want to regear as that would be lots cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by wilb
[br]Why dont you want to regear as that would be lots cheaper.
Because I need a new track anyway. The left side of mine is pretty hashed from carving in low/crappy snow. With my mods, I should be able to pull a paddle no problem, which leads me to believe I have other issues. I was tinkering on it this weekend, but I had to come back to college, so it's going to sit for a month again...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think you should extend it to a 136" x 1.25". I don't think it will bog that much because of the shorter paddle.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think your sled would look sweet extended. The 136 would be nice to have in the powder also.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
136, ive taillanded so HARD and ive screwed up jumps so bad this year i though i cracked them for sure and being surpised i was like damn there still together.... was $480.00 from tracks usa.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Have you called tracksusa....When we talked to them they said 1 1/4 is max for trail riding....

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Have you called tracksusa....When we talked to them they said 1 1/4 is max for trail riding....
I haven't called anyone yet, it'll be this summer before I do anything about it. I just wanted to get peoples opinions now, as I can plan everything out. I usually don't ride much trail, as the closest ones are 100+ miles away...though if they have snow, we've traveled a few times in the past couple years...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I swapped to a 136 for this season. I have absolutely no regrets and am very glad I spent the money. The ride is much better, the sled floats significantly better, and you obviously have better traction on the hardpack. I have 1.5" lugs and was riding in low snow conditions last week, at first I thought they might be overkill, but I don't have a single complaint about them and will be very pleased when I get into a few feet of powder.

O and IMO it improved the looks of my sled 150%
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62209

1 - 10 of 10 Posts