Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a new Camoplast track for my Viper and put my stock Viper track on my 500XT. I'm undecided about which track to buy. Looking for opinions on the tracks below and whether to go with every third window closed or a fully clipped track?

Predator 9878, .910"
/snofan/../images/users/Canuck/32.jpg

Predator 9833, 1.25"
/snofan/../images/users/Canuck/51.jpg

Adventure 9753, 1"
/snofan/../images/users/Canuck/58.jpg

New Camoplast Rip Saw 1.25"
/snofan/../images/users/Canuck/8fa471100000-250.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
I put the camoplast challenger 1.5 track on my xcr and I really like it, hooks up alotbetter in all conditions..I guess iv never had the ones youv listed but id go with the 1.25..

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I think the 1.25 with open windows and all clips would be a nice trail track. especially if you do some off trail riding.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The 1.25" predator is a great trail and all around track hooks up great. I would wait on the rip saw track until you can see some real world durability looks like it could get ripped up pretty easy. The predator is the way to go IMHO

I recently purchased a track from TracksUSA great vendor outstanding prices. I went with a fully clipped track because I may need to run extrovert drivers if this is not a problem either will work fine.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
1 more vote for 1.25.
I just put this 1.25 Camoplast on my 500XC, haven't riden with it yet, but it's supposed to hook up nice without hurting my topend.

/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/track2.jpg

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
What kind of riding do you do, and in what conditions? That is the most important question. Besides how much you want to spend ;-)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Looks like that 1.25" Ripsaw would really hook up on the trails if that's what you ride mostly, while still giving you good traction in softer snow...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Type of riding: I mostly trail ride in Northern Ontario. We usually have quite a bit of snow. I will not be studding the track. I wouldn't call myself an aggressive rider but I do like to go fast.

I will probably buy from Tracks USA and can't make up my mind which one to buy.

My feelings on the tracks I listed:

Predator 9878, .910"
- not great at anything but a good all around track.
- good top speed.

Predator 9833, 1.25"
- excellent straight line and cornering traction on packed trails and powder snow.
- rough running on packed trails.
- reduced top speed.

Adventure 9753, 1"
- excellent straight line traction on packed trails and powder
- low price
- slightly reduced top speed
- not the best for cornering

New Camoplast Rip Saw 1.25"
- excellent straight line and cornering traction on packed trails.
- decent performance in powder
- poor durability of lugs

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck
[br]Type of riding: I mostly trail ride in Northern Ontario. We usually have quite a bit of snow. I will not be studding the track. I wouldn't call myself an aggressive rider but I do like to go fast.

I will probably buy from Tracks USA and can't make up my mind which one to buy.

My feelings on the tracks I listed:

Predator 9878, .910"
- not great at anything but a good all around track.
- good top speed
If it were me (and it sounds like we ride similiar) I would go with the 9878 Predator, good top speed and 'OK' at everything else, especially if you ride on packed snow, my personal opinion is that I prefer a shorter lug on packed snow, for one, longer lugs make a lot of noise on the trail (yeah I know, I can actually hear it over the two-stroke motor) and two, the longer lug tracks make for a rougher ride on packed snow....other than that, they DO hook up better on almost any kind of snow. I don't have any preference on tread design, I haven't experienced enough different kinds to tell any difference.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I'd go for the 9833. You will only loose 3-4mph on the top end I bet. THe only reason to go with the 9878 is if you lived in Bunkasota (minnesota), and don't get enough snow. The 1.25" lug will tear up trails in low-snow conditions...

-Dean

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't think you will lose any top speed going to an 1.25" track. Is there a reason that this seems to be the consensus. The 1.25" predator is an excellent design and is very durable. I know you said you are not going to stud but you can run screws on the really icy days if you want with the 9833. Also it will work much better in the deep stuff than the 9878. Just my opinion

The Polaris design Camoplast that 500 has is also an excellent track. You may want to talk to Bruce at TracksUSA and see what kind of a deal he can make you on one of those.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's what I ended up getting, a 1", 6-Pitch Camoplast Predator. I considered the 3rd window closed design but decided against it.

/snofan/../images/users/Canuck/690-9837.jpg

After we get snow I'll give my rating of the track.

G

·
Canook,
If you are interested, I have a 136 x 1.25 Polaris/Camoplast takeoff. Same track as in the pic that 500fastunuff posted.

D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
D Noel,

I've already got a track thanks, mine is a 121".

I also purchased one of the 9878's (.910") Predators, my brother-in-law is going to put it on his Vmax4.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts