Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a track that has 244 studs. But, I am thinking about buying a Rip-Saw track with a 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 paddle. What will I have to do to make this track run right on my 2001 ZR 800. Will the lugs be to big to fit underneath?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You should be fine with a 1.5" track. Ony real way to know is climb underneath and measure how much room you have from the current lug to the front heat exhanger. If your sled has under the seat tunnel heat exchanges. Measure there also.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^ what he said

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But, will I have to gear down and stuff like that.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Not sure what you have for gearing. I would try to get to a 2:1 ratio.

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
You can run anything up to, I believe, 1.6" without having to drop your drive gears to 8 tooth (Though that may just be for the ZR2 chassis, even though they both have the ETT tunnel). With that said, anything over 1.25" will have to be notched for the cooler strips in the tunnel. As far as clearance goes, my buddy is running a 2" in his '01 ZR 600 (and to tell you the truth, I think he has the stock drivers at that). Considering you're running an 800cc sled, I wouldn't worry about having to gear down at all. I'm running a 1.6" on my ZR and left it all stock...for the first season anyway.

The way I look at it, keep it under 1.6" (which is adequate for ND the way it is), and make sure it's notched, and you shouldn't have any problems! [8D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts