Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
They're hard to come by ever since the 136" version of the camoplast freeride was dropped. Any particular reason for wanting a 14" wide vs a 13.5" or a 15"?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to put one one that 700 xc i got i want to make a sick trail sled and i wanted to keep track weight down so if i went 136 i want to try to get a 14 wide and like atleast a 1.25 but i really want a 1.38 or 1.5 with studs

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Why would you long track it and then make it narrower, negating some of the benefit of long tracking it?

They make thinner lighter tracks in 136. But if you are looking for lightness why on earth would get a big lug and stud it?

You don't need a 136 for a "sick trail sled". Trails are packed. You want a 121 ripsaw with lots of studs if you want a go-fast trail sled.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ripperd said:
Why would you long track it and then make it narrower, negating some of the benefit of long tracking it?

They make thinner lighter tracks in 136. But if you are looking for lightness why on earth would get a big lug and stud it?

You don't need a 136 for a "sick trail sled". Trails are packed. You want a 121 ripsaw with lots of studs if you want a go-fast trail sled.
IMO, 121 with a 1.25 inch lug track and 1.325" studs is ideal for trails. If you ride where is real bumpy maybe a 136.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like you just said to make a better ride in bumpy trails,from what i understood if i went longer and shoetend width by 1 in and had a 1,3/8 lugs with studs it would be same weight as putting 100+pick in a 121 and i would think you might get a better jump out of the hole with a 136?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts