Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to pull the skid to rebuild, dont have a 10 pound weight, whats the best way to adjust the tension, i first tightened it up so when i pulled it down it was about a inch of clearance , but i could not pull the track by hand , when he outside temp dropped it got worse, so tonight i backed it off so when on a stand the track hangs about a inch on its own ,its a little tight forward on the sliders,but i can pull it by hand now ,what do u guys think ,good to go?

1,792 Posts
Go to a sporting goods store /department in a store and buy an electronic fish scale. You'll have to lift the rear up high enough to pull down. I bought a Berkley like this one Berkley 50lb Digital Fish Scale - Sport Chalet for around $20. Hook it and measure it in the middle.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I tension my track so there is at least 1 1/2-2" of hang down by the rubber block on the rail. Polaris specs are way tight and wear out the slides/hyfax. Mine doesnt ratchet upon acceleration. SO no need to go tighter

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just a up date ,took it out fer a rip last night , no ratcheting ,track spins by hand so i think im good to go, sled handles way better with skid werk , very happy with it , thanks fer the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts