Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting the suspension back in my daughter's sled; I had everything apart to pick it and put in tunnel protectors. I can't find in my manual the track tension. I noticed on an earlier post someone mentioned 3/4 to 1 1/2 or something like that as an example. Would I be safe with that or does someone know the specs?

Thanks.

Jacqui.

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
I am pretty sure that my 96 ZRT manual says
3\4 to 1" with 20lbs of weight hanging from it. I just did mine and it was at 2"!! But it didn't make any difference. weird...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The looser you can run your track the better, less rolling resistance. But with a studded track at high speeds the track can get a wave motion and slap your tunnel. The newer cats have the tsl which keeps more tension on the track and can run the track looser with or without studs. But I believe Matt is right in his above post 3/4"-1" with 20lbs hanging from the track.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by jacqui583
[br]I just finished putting the suspension back in my daughter's sled; I had everything apart to pick it and put in tunnel protectors. I can't find in my manual the track tension. I noticed on an earlier post someone mentioned 3/4 to 1 1/2 or something like that as an example. Would I be safe with that or does someone know the specs?

Thanks.

Jacqui.
It really depends on the sled......I forget what you said your daughter's sled is, an Enticer 340?

On my father's Exciter 570 its something like 1 and 1/2 inches with 10 lbs of weight pulling down on the track. On my 97 XLT SP its 1 in of hang with no weight applied.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got it set at 3/4" at 20 pounds. Won't know any more until I'm able to take it for a ride. Thanks for all the help.

Jacqui.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts