Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright found a track for my rxl 121x15x 1.5 i will probly have to cut it down some for clearence but the main ? is what all does it take to change it out. looks like the skid will come out with 4 bolts but then im not too sure what all needs to be done

· Registered
1,552 Posts
here is a link. i explained it as best as o could. if you have any other q's just ask me. i have done 12 track swaps on 12 different sleds.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/111904/display.aspx#1126973

· Registered
19 Posts
thdodge said:
allright found a track for my rxl 121x15x 1.5 i will probly have to cut it down some for clearence but the main ? is what all does it take to change it out. looks like the skid will come out with 4 bolts but then im not too sure what all needs to be done
Most Polaris's are similar.

Release tension on track
Start on suspension bolts to see if they will move. May require penetrating oil to free them up. Will have to hold bolt on opposite side.

Remove chaincase oil and chaincase cover.
Loosen chain tensioner and remove chain.
Remove speedo cable and housing from LH side of sled.
There may be a collar in the tunnel on the LH side of the sled you will have to remove. May require penetrating oil also.
Remove the lower gear in the chaincase that attaches to the driveshaft for the track. Might have a snap ring to remove, otherwise just a bolt and washer.

Once collar and lower gear are removed, the drive shaft will move freely.

May have to release your suspension springs to get skid out of track.

Unbolt suspension and remove . Remove driveshaft and track.

While you have all of this out it would be a real good time to take all bearings to your bearing supply place and get new bearings and races.

· Registered
155 Posts
thdodge said:
Cutting your track is a very stupid thing to do, it ruins your track. Instead get track drop brackets and smaller drivers.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys lots of good info here makeing a nightmare of a job seem alot easyer. also do you think an inch and a half will fit or should i cut it down some. looks like if i cut the nubs even it would be down to a 1.25.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
getting the track for $50 its well used and has lugs missing im only getting it to get me through the rest of this year and over the summer i plan on extending the rails and putting on a longer track

· Registered
196 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
here is a link. i explained it as best as o could. if you have any other q's just ask me. i have done 12 track swaps on 12 different sleds.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/111904/display.aspx#1126973
Wow!! That's cool. I've done one.Never had any help, it was a nightmare. I bet you are good at it now.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
in the chaincase behind the bottom gear there is a bearing that the driveshaft rides in. you can take that out to remove your track but IMO it is easyer to remove the entire chaincase. the bearing is held in by a snapring. i have never been able to remove just the bearing to swap a track but i herd it can be done

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.