Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an '99 XC SP 500. It has 3300 miles on it and this past season i noticed i could see the cords in the middle of the track. I checked the track tension which seemed to be ok. I ride aggressively but nothing that should make my track wear abnormally fast. Should i replace my track now or is it common for this sort of thing to happen?
any advice would be great

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i wouldn't say it's common, my sled has 3500 miles on it with no cords showing, and i'd say i'm much harder on it than the vast majority of riders out there. last winter i ripped some lugs off hitting stumps in some mountainous terrain with no base. i finally just bit the bullet and bought a 1.25" track, so well see how she does this winter. the track was $375 at my local polaris dealer, which i though was a pretty good deal.

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
36 Posts
My track is currently being replaced under warranty, you could see them cords from day 1. On my first service at 300 miles I inquired about lugs tearing. They said they couldn't warranty that but because you could see the cords in the center they did. they said camleplast was having problems with them seperating. But thats on a 02 700xcsp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts