Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Polaris XCF. It has EXTRA-10 shocks on it. I need to put new rear shocks on it because they are broke! I wanted to know where I can get them. It is 10.2 travel out-back! I also wanted to know if I could put a 1 inch track on it. Right now, it has .725 lugs on it. If you could help me, I would love it!!! Thanks![:D]

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
well dennis kirk has tracks but there shocks are like 800 for foxes
www.denniskirk.com

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
You should be able to put a 1 inch track on it. I think anything more than that you will have to notch for the tunnel protectors(exchangers). Not sure if the 97 had them in tunnel or under footboards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you should definetely be able to go with a 1" track. Check out tracks usa, they have a 1" ripsaw for a pretty good price, I just put a ripsaw on my 02 800 and man is it ever worth it. As far as your shocks, they should be rebuildable, the way to tell is if it has a little nipple at the bottom of the shock I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by JD
[br]Are you sure they are broken. Did you know that Fox shocks are rebuildable? Maybe yours can be rebuilt.
I don't know if they are rebuild-able or not. I don't think they are but I'm not sure. In the center, it has a RideFX shock, and in the far rear, it has a FOX. Maybe the springs are goin' bad?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now my problem is that it has shocks. But, they really don't have anything to them. It just dosen't bounce like it should. Like I said,"Maybe it's the springs"? They came with the sled! Thanks!

·
Registered
700 Posts
whohhh dont buy a track from dennis kirk. They are a max price dealer. Track USA has deals on stuff as well as Kens motorsports outa wisconsen. I know at least Kens will sell tracks real cheap brand new on ebay and their store prices arnt bad either. Just throwing that out there before you spend $200 more than you have two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Boss302man
[br]whohhh dont buy a track from dennis kirk. They are a max price dealer. Track USA has deals on stuff as well as Kens motorsports outa wisconsen. I know at least Kens will sell tracks real cheap brand new on ebay and their store prices arnt bad either. Just throwing that out there before you spend $200 more than you have two.
I don't want to spend a lot of money on this sled. It is a '97, so it won't be worth anythin when I trade it in anyway. I just would like to fix it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by thecatman
[br]yea, just fix it, it isn't worth getting another track. Smart recreational parts has shocks though.
I found a X-tra 12 sled. I don't know how much I would have to do to get it on my X-tra 10. If anyone knows if I would have to change out the tunnel, please tell me. Thanx for giving ideas people!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.