Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please enlighten me as to the reason(s), i.e. advantages and disadvantages of tracks that have full clipping or every 3rd window and same thing for single ply and full ply. I'm looking to upgrade my track on a 10 600 Shift. Where/how do I find the correct pitch, assuming that is determined by the drive gears on the shaft. I have been researching this for days now so if anyone knows of any web sites that have good info please post it. Thanks. Oh by the way 22 degrees this morning, no freaking snow.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Fully clipped helps with slide wear, you also want a 121-15-x track. I've heard of mixed feelings with single ply tracks. I'm not sure why single ply is better anyways.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Your sled has a 2.52 pitch. Clipped every window is a pound or two heavier, but provides better cooling and less rolling resistance, but also more expensive. Single ply vs. full ply is the thickness of the track I think. Ply is refering to a layer.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Single ply tracks are lighter weight, and theoretically they need lees force to spin, therefore result in higher track speed. Single ply tracks should NOT be studded. Ply is referring to the layers of Kevlar in the track. After all is saind and done, you can't go wrong with a double ply RIPSAW.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sleds-650 said:
Single ply tracks are lighter weight, and theoretically they need lees force to spin, therefore result in higher track speed. Single ply tracks should NOT be studded. Ply is referring to the layers of Kevlar in the track. After all is saind and done, you can't go wrong with a double ply RIPSAW.
I have definitley been eye-ing a Ripsaw for the sled. Thanks guys for all the info, now i have to make my mind up about the track extension.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
^^ Do a search on here about track extensions, you'll find a lot of good info.. I personally like the extension kit from TracksUSA since they include the rail extensions, tunnel extension and the track itself.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
TracksUSA are the best out there for stretching a sled. I prefer 121", but a lot of people like 136" for trail riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts