Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a ski-doo track on my polaris sled. My local Polaris dealer said that it would be alright as long as they are both the same size tracks. I put the track on and made sure it wasnt to loose. i just took it out on the grass when it was done and everytime i hammered on it there was like a vibration coming from under the tunnel. It feels like the lugs on the inside of the track arent lined up with the sprockets on the driveshaft but i made sure they were. Also i just broke my chain as well. what should i do?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
far as i know all standard tracks are 15x121 did you get every thing lined back up when you installed the track??

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ive got a Yamaha OEM 1.25" Ripsaw on my sled, works just fine. If it feels like the track isnt lined up with the drivers right, look under the sled and make sure it is lined up right.
Maybe the lugs on the track are taller than what you sled has room for. It could be any of about a million things and its not something we can really diagnose for you without seeing the sled in person.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Is the track hitting on the tunnel protectors???? Thats what it sounds like. The polaris tracks are notched for the tunnel protectors, I bet yours are hitting, when I installed a camo rip saw, and hacksaw on my polaris's, I had to remove the tunnel protectors,

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive checked everything. At first i thought it was the track also so i tightened it up some and it still didnt stop it. The only thing i can it would be is when i put the driveshaft back in i didnt line it up porperly and when i turn it moves the track so it would make the driveshaft twist. Another thing i would think it would be is that when i put the suspension back on, i put it in the highest bolt so it would be lower to the ground. maybe it is rubbing up front. could this be? or the driveshaft be twisting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts