Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my track tightened to the proper tension and it works better now, my track still rubs over bumps up in the front.

Here is what I did to this sled up to this point that affects this. I put no slip drivers on, positioned them about 7 times....but they are in position now. I had to move the suspension back 1/2" and cut the front of the rails off 1/4". I had some problems under hard acceleration, they were corrected with the tensioning of the track.

I can feel the front of my track rubbing someplace over small bumps at low speed. I feel this when going up on to the pavement when crossing too. it will stop the track if moving slow enough. I can't figure this thing out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry to give you false hope of someone possibly having an idea to help you out. I just wanted to comment on these anti-ratchet drivers I saw this weekend. This seemed like a good place to put it. It was freaky to see this guy lift his 8-honey Polaris and the track hang down. . . really bizarre!

Maybe an idea. . . did the no-slips change the attack angle of the track? Maybe the angle was increased causing it to hang on the rails? Hell I dunno :)

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'd say you need to put a block of wood or milk-crate under the bulkhead and hoist up the rear so you can spin the track freely. Then look at your track and see where it looks to be rubbing (ie on the sides, paddles, studs etc) so you have an idea as to where to look on the tunnel area. Then spin that track by hand till you can feel where it's rubbing, and try and see what's happening....We'll go from there!

G

·
0 Posts
I wonder if it is rubbing on somthing in the suspension and not the tunnel. The track slaps the tunnel on both my sleds pretty often but it sounds like something different going on with yours. Where the front of the skid mounts on my Polaris, there are a couple of small wear pads that the track rubs on sometimes when going over bumps. Wish I was more help.

D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I may have it figured out, I think the anti ratchet sprockets are a little misaligned [:(] and the drive lugs on the track are hitting the half round pad things that stick up on it. its hard to put a block under the bulkhead and spin it when it only does it when it hits bumps. Do you guys think it could be those hitting on bumps? is that possible? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts