Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a dealership called me up and said that they wanted my sled. so i brought the sled in and i was looking at their over priced dirt bikes and quads (except for the new 2008 honda trx 700xx for 4G) and i came across the honda ruckus moped. i talked to the guy and in the beggininng, he said he would give me 700 trade in value for my sled. well, i was able to get the guy to do a straight up trade if i wanted to. should i do it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bigz said:
a dealership called me up and said that they wanted my sled. so i brought the sled in and i was looking at their over priced dirt bikes and quads (except for the new 2008 honda trx 700xx for 4G) and i came across the honda ruckus moped. i talked to the guy and in the beggininng, he said he would give me 700 trade in value for my sled. well, i was able to get the guy to do a straight up trade if i wanted to. should i do it?
Yeah i probally would.
you can save up quicker with more money your not spending on gas!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
a fucking moped? really? that sounds like a riot.........

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah man a ruckus really? they are basically souped up mopeds, its still like riding a fat chick really. Some of them are fun, if they have been done right they can be really fast otherwise they are only 100 to 150 cc? so whats the point really.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i dropped that idea. so now this guy is texting me. he wants to trade his
04' polaris predator and 200 cash for the sled. worth it?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Ok, start with this: how much do you value your proxr at? What are your priorities? Would you rather have a sled over whatever the dealer you might offer? I would remember someone wants what you have, take advantage of it and take no less than what you think your sled is worth.

Btw, what do you value your sled at?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
wait he only gave your like 1000 bucks, I would have came down there and given your 2 grand for that thing.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Riding a moped is like F***** a fat chick, it's all fun until your friends see you do it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You said the dealer called YOU and wanted your sled. This means they have a motivation and if they are a business then they are motivated to make money. Your sled has more value than they are admitting and I would make them up any offer they lay out until they start to waffle on the deal, then consider the values of your sled - vs - what they are offering.

The last time I was in a spot like this I sold my 91 tundra back to my former boss for more than I paid for it. It sounds like you are in a spot to dictate terms instead of looking for offers.

If the sled has so much utility value, but little monetary, then I would keep the sled and save my pennies for the next toy. You have the sled sitting the yard, if you sell it how long will it be till you can afford to replace it? My xlt looks good and runs perfect and I enjoy riding it (utility value), but I would be lucky to get $600 for it (low monetary). I could sell it for a quick $500 cash, but then I would have to dish out thousands later on to replace it with another used 600 class sled. One snap decision now will cost me in the long run.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bigz said:
well i dropped that idea. so now this guy is texting me. he wants to trade his
04' polaris predator and 200 cash for the sled. worth it?
ahh so your on here too.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Your Pro-X is worth like $2000. A 2004 Preditor 500, and $200 cash is a pretty decent offer, see if you can get $300, $400 out of him in cash. Sweet talk him

·
Registered
232 Posts
i agree with empire and jesse u should consider what ur sled is worth and if u really wanna give it up for a quad. then if u do decide to trade try to get as much money for it as u can, like narrowback said a dealer only wants to make money so name ur price and not the dealers, u might get a few hundred bucks out of this guy.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Preditor 500's are good quads. Pretty reliable. good performance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
jesse is right. if you could squeeze another couple hundred out of him then that would be a sweet deal and i would jump on that. Good choice on dropping the moped idea.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i consider my sled worth 2500. to me, it didnt make sense to trade my awesome sled for a quad thats worth 1600-2100 around here, even if he throws in 200 bucks, im going to re sell it in a couple weeks anyways.

but i think im going to take the sled off of craigslist. if i sell it, it will be like loosing my main vain (wink) and my bits. lol

so im just going to put a 600 small block or 700 big block in it. now, what motor straps do i need for the 700?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The 600 swap is alot easier. 600 fits 440 motor mounts. And i have a 600v.e.s for sale! complete, all parts needed to drop in and go.............

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i dont want to spend 150 bucks on just shipping. im going to try and sell my 96 xcr 600 sp tripple tripple whole for 900 bucks

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Wow this is going in every direction...you need to sit down and figure out what you want, what you are trying to get and where you want to be.Sounds like you want to do something just dont have an idea on what.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that one post, i ment i would just sell the quad in a couple weeks. i confused myself

1 - 20 of 23 Posts