Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the local sell it trade it buy it book, and in it there is a 1998 xc 700 thats been rebuilt 2 years ago, no studs new seat cover, new brake pads, and new steering components, and they didnt give the mileage. do you think it is worth trading for a mint 1991 sport 440 with only 1987 for miles? Oh and yes in the ad it says he wants to trade for a 440.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
as long as it's not beat to death i'd say it's worth it. the suspension is way better. and if the motor is healthy it will rip.

·
Registered
586 Posts
but is he looking for a newer 440 ... maybe he wants something like a sno pro or something ... otherwise take a look at the sled and go for it ... those are nice sleds and def a jump up in power

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I severly doubt hes going to trade for a sled that old... Not to knock you bro but that would seriously be stupid.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, he wants the same vintage 440 500 or 600, so I dont think he will trade. I looked closer in the picture, and the rear end looked sacked out too.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
hey man i just saw it and looks good. scrolling through the unclehenrys and noticed it was the same description as the post i had just read.. good loking sled man if i was closer id trade for my 440. i say go for it. cant believe we looked at the same sled
where you located anyway?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, i didnt get the sled, my parents were going to let me get it, then they contacted the insurance comapny who said no way are they insuring me with a 700. I did however find an XLT 600 for sale, he wants something smaller for his kids, now I have to talk to my parents about this one.

Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts