Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 winshields so I don't want to put my trail pass on the windshield. I also don't want to put it on the hood. What do you guys do. I am considering just carrying it in my pocket and showing it to the trail warden if they ask. I am up here in Canada by the way.[:)]

[red] Moved to "General" by TriumphoverU [/red]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Put the sticker on a transparent slide used for overhead projectors. Put a picture sleeve, like one used for smaller photo albums, on the inside of both windshields. Or buy a bag that mounts under windsheild and stick it on there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Don't be picky i live in new brunswick and we have to do the same here. I just gave up and stuck it on my sled. Just put the pass in the same place each year to cover the old one. to peel then off i just use my thumbnail and gas or paint thinner.

·
Registered
312 Posts
YEah i know what you mean xc700sp, you don't really feel like putting that on your cab ,, and i'm like yuo i have 2 different styles of windshield ,, and all i do is carry it with me ,,, what the hells's the diference in having it in your pocket or on the machine ,, you still purchased it
I'm about 45 min north of Ottawa in Val-Des-Monts, QC

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
there is a fine if it isn't on the sled, and it has to be in the placee they say. Its gay. Just letting you know the conciquences

·
Registered
699 Posts
what is the difference u still bought the dang thang just carry it and if your polite to trail warden i dont think it will matter i have only got stopped once in my hole life.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I get stopped on average once a week-end.. My first week-end out.. I didn't have mine on they didn't give me a ticket for it but a warning he said "having it in your pocket, is the same as not having one at all as far as I'm concerned"... and made me stick it on before I left.. So now it's on a wonderful angle and looks like crap..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Shit that's a load of crap isn't it ,,,,,,those trail wardens are on a power trip , i mean like exciter man said ,, you still baught the freeking thing ,,,,,,,,,those wardens like to think they are important
here in qc , if you get stoped without a pass , you can buy it right there on the spot from the trail guy but it's 50$ ,, so that's 230$ ,, who the hell goes around sledding with a load of cash on them like that

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Most of the wardens are fellow sledders that love sledding as much as the next guy. I don't think there on a power trip at all. They are just making sure they inforce what thier asked to do... And for paying it on the spot. You should and anyone that pays for a trail permit should want them to too. Why should we have to pay, and they should slip by...

·
Registered
637 Posts
In Ontario.. not only can the wardens fine you for not having a trail permit.. so can the OPP..

The OPP (and all police departments) have received instructions from the Attorney General's Office and the Chief Justice for the Province of Ontario that anyone found on a prescribed (OFSC) trail across the province could be subject to a set fine of $205 plus the fee to buy a permit for $170. These two costs are not necessary if every snowmobiler buys a permit to support the maintenance and repair of trails across the Province of Ontario through the purchase of a trail permit from your local club. Do Your Part: Buy a seasonal permit ($170), it's cheap if you consider the range of opportunity to travel: Haliburton, Minden, Halls Lake, Moore Falls. Gelert, Kinmount, Haliburton Lake, Kennisis Lake, Eagle Lake, Brady Lake, and:
* Muskoka
*Bancroft
* Barrie
*Renfrew
* Parry Sound
* Sudbury
* North Bay,
and all points east, west. north. and south across the Province
So that's a total of $375 if ya ride w/o a permit in Ontario..

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by acadian
[br]Shit that's a load of crap isn't it ,,,,,,those trail wardens are on a power trip
I do not think they are on a power trip, well not all of them. But they are doing their job, if the law states that it is supposed to be on the sled and they pull you over because it is not, then you remove it out of your pocket, you just wasted their time. Now, if this happened over and over again, I would get Pi$$ed off as well and probably be a dick about it.

My biggest complaint is the size of the stickers, in MN they are not that big so I place it the hood, (however we need stud stickers as well). Last year in Wisconsin the permit I bought was huge, since I had a damaged windshield I placed it one there knowing it was going to be replaced.

I say standardize them like vehicle license plates somehow and then have the sled manufactures include a holding system for them (below the break light). If I need to go to Wis, I remove mine and put the new one on.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Display of Trail Permit Sticker:

The trail permit sticker shall be permanently affixed to the forward half of the snowmobile directly above or below the headlight.

Good thing I did not replace that windsheild since Michigan has the above rule.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Guys the main reason they dont want you to carry it in your pocket is because this way you could "transfer" the sticker from sled to sled. If it is permanently affixed to the sled, there is no way around buying a permit for every sled you own.

Not to be to picky here guys but this Topic should also be placed in the General Forum.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by TriumphoverU
[br]Guys the main reason they dont want you to carry it in your pocket is because this way you could "transfer" the sticker from sled to sled. If it is permanently affixed to the sled, there is no way around buying a permit for every sled you own.

Not to be to picky here guys but this Topic should also be placed in the General Forum.

Oh yeah that is also a good reason. For the people that pay and are legit, you should be happy they check for the guys that dont, because in the long run, there ripping us off too. Almost everyones got the sticker, everyone has to deal with it. Your sled idn't going to look like crap because of 1 sticker.. Its not going to be like "Oh man that guys sled has a gay sticker on it". Then he has to stick one on his own sled...

·
Registered
412 Posts
The trail wardens I know are not on any power trip. The are enforcing the rules that provide us all with the awesome trails that we have. I buy a permit for two sleds, and next year I will likely be paying for permits for three sleds as another offspring gets his license. I probably get 4 weekends a year on the trails, and I still buy all my necessary permits. Do I want to be subsidizing some guys that pass a permit back and forth between them on different nights so that they don't have to each pay for one? No way! Put it on your sled and show you are legit.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
We are lucky here I guess then, we just have to stick our trail permits to our license plates.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a viable solution...follow the rules: buy the permit, place it on your sled where directed and it's a done deal. I refuse to let sticker location spoil my fun.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Place it on the cab just in front of the windshield. A buddy does this. We've been stopped many times and you tell them you have two winshields.. They don't argue. Having it in your pocket is a fine, they want to see it stuck.Figure you might be using it on more than one scooter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts