Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is getting bad up here in Northern Ontario, the trail permits are up to $160.00 before December 1st, and $195.00 after.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
holy crap... well I've already decided that I'm not gonna by a trail pass... or insurance. I'm just gonna ride around my place. Its just to much dough!

·
Registered
637 Posts
meh, I put over 2000miles on the trails last season a steal of a deal for $160 IMO... and the reason for the incease is INSURANCE.. there is just too many f'n yahoo's smashing, and/or die'n.. Who knows maybe the increased cost will reduce the # of people on the trails and reduce the # of accidents..

My personal sled insurance increased this year aswell.. and I have the people who claim thier sleds stolen at the end of the season, then buy ATVs w/ the insurnace money to thank for that..

I would get more satisfaction whipe'n my *$$ w/ my money, than giving it to the insurance company.. but such is life....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with indy 650 you spend how much on a sled and then insurance, who ever said snowmobiling is cheep. I spend 100 bucks a weekend just on fuel not to mention belts and oil and hotels... so inn conclusion 160 is more than fair to keep our beutiful trails going and remeber onario has the best trails.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya but what about families, sometimes some families will have 4 machines, that will really add up.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
i agree with 650 indy, i would rather keep the money then give it to the insurance companies and i agree with the amount of people legally on the trails will be less, but what happens when people say screw it to buying trail passes and ride without em? Thats when it starts to get bad. I think Vermont Vast trail passes are about $110 for non-residents and i think its $15 to register here in Ct for 2 years, but ive also heard that insurance is gonna be mandatory, can anyone tell me about that?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Insurance is mandatory up here, they keep raising the price of the permits every year, and less, and less people are buying them, if they would lower the price more people would buy them, they would get more money, and less people would ride the trails without trail permits.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
trail passes here in nova scotia are 65 till dec 15th n 80 canadian after that and we dont need insurance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts