Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something maydaze said struck me funny, so I thought I'd make a poll to see what everyone else does.

What do wear during trail side pit stops?

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i might have a new mnusa snowmobile cap but other wise i fold my balaclava up it looks funny but its better than wild hair.lol

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nothing, I just let my hair go wild.

I have long hair and it looks pretty wild most of the time anyway! Besides, if my ears are getting cold, it's time to get back on and ride some more!

Jacqui.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I usually carry a rotten ol' baseball hat zipped up inside my jacket. When we stop, I take my helmet off, and slap the hat on.

Its got to be old and broken though, none of these new, high sittin' starched jobbies!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
i have a hat like this http://ripperd2.dhs.org/images/snowmobile/crooked%20lake/meintherv.JPG that I have in my pocket, that I wear when I take off my helmet. I also have pretty short hair, so it doesn't even look bad messed up so.....

_Dean

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I take off my helmet and throw on a hat. Always keep a baseball hat in the trunk of the sled or inside your coat. I can't stand the helmet staying on. Tiny bit clostrophobic and when I am riding it doesn't bother me since I am focused on the ride or other thoughts but at a stop i find it hard to breath and very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I do the same thing as madcow, flip up the balaclava or nothing. Depends how cold it is.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I just flip up balaclava also, or just take it off completely. I hate carrying stuff in my jacket.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Call me wacked or worse, but when I go out riding with my buddies and I know we are stopping to the local watering holes, I make sure everything looks fine. Sled waxed and armor all'd, helmet waxed, outfit clean, cool shirt and hat. I have several hats from 3 different Polaris models to my Ward Burton Cat Racing hat. You never know what 'snow bunnies' you are going to run into! You know what I mean?

By the way, where the hell is the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MAYDAZE:

By the way, where the hell is the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'
[/quote]

In Antartica.

I can wait for snow personally cause need to make money to run my sled first. Then bring on the white outs!!!!!!!

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Modular helmet. No need to take it off. Drinker smoker special I call it. However in spring I go the route of the baseball cap.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
So for you guys that wear the baseball cap, where is the best place to keep it?? Does yours crush in your jacket, or does is get filled with snow and dirt in the back seat lid like mine...?

·
Registered
38 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by MegaMan:
So for you guys that wear the baseball cap, where is the best place to keep it?? Does yours crush in your jacket, or does is get filled with snow and dirt in the back seat lid like mine...?

[/quote]

I keep mine in my windsheild bag.Doesn't crush it and it won't get covered in snow.They also make bags now, specifically for hats,that go over the middle of your handle bars.

zlrider

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I always keep mine zipped up in my jacket. I like carrying around an old broke-in beat up one, so crushing it isn't a concern
I don't like carrying it in the back compartment because snow always seems to get in and get everything wet. But hey, thats just me.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
322 Posts
We dont stop on the trail very often. When we do though, I don't wear anything, even if it's cold. I'm usually sweating anyways, so I take my coat off and head thing off to cool down for a minute because we usually only sit a minute or two then go again. But when we go into a gas station or bar or some other place for a long period, I throw on my hat.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

1 - 20 of 23 Posts